HybridZ

New ms2 v3.0 not working

skirkland1980

Hello. I just finished assembling a ms2 v3.0 board for my 1983 datsun 280zx turbo. My car already has a ms2 v3.57 and is running good. I removed the daughter card from the v3.57 and installed into the new v3.0. The car will not run or connect to tuner studio. Same results with the stim. I preformed the voltage and ground tests as per the assembly instructions at the 40 pin socket, all are good. I also checked 5v and ground at the db9 and is good. Everything appears to be installed on the board and soldered well with no bridging. The only leftover parts I have are for the squarewave ign input which I am using vr. Thanks....Shane

U6 may be having some issues. Check its VCC input. You might be having voltage issue, I fried the 5v power supply and it would make 5v until it pulled a load. Did you check voltages in other areas with the processor installed? There are a few jumpers you could check.

Edited by winstonusmc

I've made progress. Apparently xg1 and xg2 need to be jumpered. The only place in the assembly instructions this is mentioned is under hall sensor, optical sensor applications. So I jumpered them and now I'm communicating. New problem, no tach signal: I have tachselect jumpered to vrin and tsel to vrout. I also adjusted the trimpots. Thanks, Shane...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've made progress. Apparently xg1 and xg2 need to be jumpered. The only place in the assembly instructions this is mentioned is under hall sensor, optical sensor applications. So I jumpered them and now I'm communicating. New problem, no tach signal: I have tachselect jumpered to vrin and tsel to vrout. I also adjusted the trimpots. Thanks, Shane...

Is this still true on your setup? If so remove the xg1 to xg2 jumper.  To do a pull up a resistor, take the line you want to pull up and connect a resistor (1k) to it and 12v.

With a VR sensor you don't really need to do anything other than connect the correct jumpers. The stim should give you rpm without any trouble, but in car, you will need to play with the trim pots a bit to clean up the signal. So basically, if you don't have any RPM on the stim, you might want to check the whole circuit for bad components/solders.