HybridZ

Shock/strut purchasing without Tokico's

Quick question,

I need to replace my suspension setup asap, and on my 77 280z it seems that I'm pretty much stuck with KYB's at the moment.  Since I can't get my hands on the Illumina setup right now, am I best off just running KYB's and the stock springs, or can I get away with KYB's and the eibach springs until something better is available for the shocks next year?

Josh

I've seen reports from several people who run KYB's with lowering springs.  KYB puts a warning on the box not to do it but it's not clear what damage might occur.  I have KYB's all around, with cut springs in the front and Tokico's in the back.  Probably not a good race car setup but it works fine for street driving (for me).  Lowering the car makes it handle much better, from the jacked-up stock configuration.

Thanks for the quick replies....

I'll just go KYB's and the stock springs for now, as much as I'd like to have my Z sit a little bit lower, that will have to wait.  As a follow up question though, I am under the impression that the konis are only available for the 240's, is this incorrect?

Josh

Thanks so much for pointing out your previous thread rheckz!  I went ahead and ordered the kyb's so I could get the shocks and brakes done before the weekend, but I'm glad to know it wasn't a total waste.  Since I have time now, I'll keep my eye out for a deal on the eibachs and throw those on here in the next few months.  I'm not doing autocross or anything, just a fun driver so it sounds like that setup may work for me as well.

Made my day...