HybridZ

JUST ANOTHER RB25 SWAP INTO MY 240Z

LUISB310

This is my first time posting, I just started doing my swap int my 240z, got a good deal on a RB25 motor, trans harness and computer so i decided to put it in my z. I will post some pictures on my progress, im working on my spare time so my progress is slow , Im doing all of the work myself so any imput from experience swappers is apreciated.

Watch out when you rotate the pan like that the angle of the pan is in the wrong side. When the engine is in the car the left side of the engine sits 1.0-1.5 inches lower than the right. When you swap the pan like that the angle is on the opposite side. When the angle is on the opposite side there isn't enough oil around the pickup at all times.

Thanks for the input, I extended the oil pickup tube to the deeper side of th pan hoping it will be ok , once is running I will definitely keep an eye on the pressure , I just wanted to save som bucks versus buying a new pan wich are pretty expensive for me. I'm trying to do this the cheapest possible way that I can

post-32902-0-58574600-1383764919_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I GOT IT TO WORK BY USING THE ORIGINAL BLACK WHITE WIRE THAT WENT TO THE COIL + ON 2.4 I USED IT TO SUPPLY THE POWER TO ONE OF THE RELAY TWINS THAT SUPPLY POWER TO THE RB COILS ,  I WILL DRAW UP A DIAGRAM IF YOU NEED IT, IM VERRY POOR AS TO KEEPING A RECORD OF WHAT I DO BUT I CAN ALWAYS GO BACK BECAUSE I USALLY DO ALL MY WORK

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately I just sold the car , I'm moving out of the state and I couldn't take the car with me .

The mounts are from speedway , they are bolt throug design , they're about 20 dollars for the pair , the cross member was removed and the original stock mounting pads were cut flush , then I got 2 inch metal from Home Depot 1/8 thick , the angle of the stock mounts an the universal mounts is different .

I measured the engine and trans so that my shifter would come out on the center of the stock shifter hole and it turns out that the new location is a little further back . About 2 inches from the original pads . First you drill the rb25 to the larger bolt opening and install the mount , then cut 2 prices off the metal stock , I think it was around 3.5 inches, drill the hole in the center for the bushing to mount and install on both mounts .

I had my engine on the stand flipped upside down

Then place the cross member over the engine and measure your side pieces so that it'll clear the oil pan , with the engine centered tack weld the metal to you're cross member , and box it in with the rest off the metal ,

I know it's not very scientific , but it fits like it was ment to go In there .

The transmission cross member is the stock 240 , just loweed a little , about 1 inch in the stock location

I didn't take a lot off pictures to help visualize what I did and I don't have the car any more to take pictures of it , I jope I can help in any way that I can but without pictures is harder to explain

It probably cost about 35 bucks to do the mounts and I Liked the end results , verry sturdy , held the engine in place good ,