HybridZ

S13 and S14 Coilover Fitment- advice needed

So I'm playing with the idea of using a S14 coilover system compared to a S13 on a '78 280Z.  Not that I have an issue with the S13's, I'm merely attempting to determine if the S14 increased strut body length will provide a benefit or disadvantage.  Lets say both systems have similar spring rates, size and length, plus strut specifications (dampening, rebound, etc.)  I'm trying to focus on the below measurements for fitment.

I'm looking for some input and technical guidance as to the following, which would be a better fitment for:

-Ride height adjustment (streetable + capable to go low for show, autocross, etc.)

-Custom machined threaded strut tube length (increased unsprung weight=longer tubes)

-Any other variable I have missed while I'm trying to wrap my head around all of this.

OEM suspension measurements taken mounted to vehicle from top of oem strut mount (typical camber plate mounting location) to location on knuckle where machined threaded tubes get welded.

OEM length with vehicle weight on level ground:

Front- 19"

Rear- 24.5

OEM length on jacks with added droop:

Front- 22.5"

Rear- 26.5"

All coilover measurements taken off vehicle, spring at rest, from bottom of camber plate to bottom of threaded strut tube.

S13:

Front- 16.5"

Rear- 16.5"

S14:

Front- 17"

Rear- 20" (perhaps too long?)

Considering the weight of the vehicle will compress the coilover a couple inches, what would be the best scenario?

Is the 20" length on the S14 (3.5" increase over S13 length) pose an install issue with lowering the vehicle inside the welded threaded tube?

Do the smaller S13 lengths pose a comfortable ride height issue when raised plus the added tube length (added weight) required to mount them?

Been a while since I had an S13 . I do recall s14 rear struts /coilovers being longer. Now I am not sure if the typical shock companies use, is the same between s13 and s14. I would contact a few companies to find that out. You will be chopping the coilover bracket to weld anyways, so its a matter of if the additional length from the s14 set works out for you.