HybridZ

e88 on f54???

hiromino

hi. i am a question. i am not an expert this might be too stupid question for you but please help me. a friend of mine is selling L28 turbo block. i have an e88 head on my L24. i am wondering if i can use the block with e88 head and make L28. i am not sure about compression. e88 is higher comp since it is NA and the block has longer stroke and lower comp. to make it simple, it is possible to just put e88 on turbo block and use as L28 NA?

thank you

Yes it is possible to do that, and the E88 has a smaller combustion chamber than the P90, so that will give you a compression bump. But the turbo comression is 7.5 roughly, so don't expect it to have 10 to 1.

Do you have the E88 head that looks like the E31 as far as the combustion chamber design, or is the standard open combustion chamber?

The valves in the E88 are too small for 2800cc, and the seats aren't designed to handle unleaded gas. By the time you put in updated seats with larger valves, you could have bought a used P90 head, or N42 depending on what pistons/cr you want. DAW

3 comments.

1. Most likely the E88, no matter what version of the 3 made, will result in compression ratios too high for turbo applications on top a L28, but I am not totally certain of that. Ask the turbo experts first.

2. E88s that came on 260Z cars had 280Z sized exhaust valves stock, thus making them less expensive t convert to use with L28 eng combos. (half the amount of valves and seats to change to larger type for good air flow)

3. Presently I have both 260Z style E88 heads and one P90 core head for sale "CHEAP" in case anyone is interested. I am liquidating a lot of my excess Z engine head stock in case anyone is in need.

Eric Neyerlin of ZPARTS.COM