HybridZ

a few questions 280zx

Welcome to Hybridz! We are glad to have you here. There are plenty of people here more knowledgeable than I, but I am going to address a couple things...

I was not made aware the made a radiator cooler, what do you mean exactly? Do you have a Z or a ZX(they are different!). I am assuming you have ZX since that is what it states in the title. Is it a manual transmission or an automatic transmission that you have now? Why would you go to carbs? Nostalgia? Power? Are you good with carbs? What are your big plans for this project? If it is a ZX then don't downgrade by switching to an older dizzy. Please help us help you.

Lastly, please use GOOGLE SEARCH, read through a couple of the stickies and download the FSM http://www.xenons130.com/reference.html. Thank you for browsing hybridz! We are here to help, please enjoy.

Edited by Josh280z

Its an 82 280zx.it is auto but i have a 5speed I'm putting in.I'm going tripple webbers.i think the radiator thing is a transmition cooler or something.my build is a mild street car.my engine has F54 block with closed chamber MN47 head that's been ported,polished,flowed etc... flat top pistons with 10:1 CR. Mild cam 280 durr 490lift.14lb flywheel with 5speed from turboz.MSA headers 2.25 ll the way back

The radiator cooler is in the stock radiator. You can just disconnect the hosed and cap them at the radiator so crap doesn't get into it. 

And no you should not get an older dizzy. You can wire your dizzy to work. I'm not positive on the wiring, but it is around this site. The FSM is a good way to start seeing what will still be connected when you rip out the ECU and ECU harness, and the dizzy is one of the things that won't be connected.