HybridZ

The last 79 zx master cylinder!

lt.dangle34

so after looking for 2 days straight on every website and tip I could find on trying to purchase a replacement m/c for my 79 zx.........   I called Summit Racing and low and behold I bought the last one they had in entire stock!

I cannot believe how hard these are to get?  and it was only $30!!!!!  The guy who helped me said that they are almost exstinct!

I would try with them if you cant find one,  who knows, they might get some more!

^I bet you if you ask they don't. I looked for one for a while, had my order confirmed then canceled a half dozen times. Tried O'reiley, autozone, napa, summit, ebay, rockauto, even went direct to cardone and such but every where that said they had it turned out they didn't when they checked the stock. Eventually had to have mine shipped in and rebuilt, I was told that it was registered in their system as in stock, and they had to cancel a bunch of orders since it was already sold (back to me). They even included a picture of it as a reference for when they took it apart at the factory.

Congrats to the OP on the snag!

The RockAuto deal is "Return and Rebuild" only. You send your master cylinder in to be rebuilt and hopefully they can restore it.

I say "hopefully" because aluminum master cylinders that are pitted internally cannot be honed to remove the pitting.  The only fix is to have them re-sleeved ($$).

Ya Rockauto said they had stock, until I ordered it.  Every place I tried was doing the send it in and rebuild game.  I didnt really wanna run the risk of it getting lost in shipping or damaged and then have nothing!  The shipping tracking from ups shows it enroute and should be here tomorrow!