HybridZ

What should I colour my 280zx ?

the_lettuce

i decided to paint my car 

8475233486_8fe6392016_o.jpg

personally i love it but every person i asked his/her opinion said its bad (i dont really care it is my car after all)

anyway, im kinda stuck on what interior to get (i dont want black) i thought like maybe white but im scared it might get dirty over time but do you guys have any options or opinions of both exterior and interior colours?

its currently 

IMG_00000765_hdr.jpg

IMG_00000783_hdr.jpg

the reason i want to repaint is because i got bored xD

Thank you

Edited by the_lettuce

I don't see how they'll change the bumper over without charging you an arm and a leg. The s30 is narrower then the s130. You'd have to chop a bumper and extend it among other things. I personally really like the 79 and 80 s130 chrome bumpers.

I do agree with you, but i already found a solution for the bumper, and now the problem lies with the colour i dont really know what to paint it 

I think it looks great in the color it is painted now. I would improve the car in other areas like braking, handling, and performance.

everything is perfect engine wise and handling, im now focused on body works .. so i kinda need paint ideas since im tired and dont know what to paint it 

thank you for replying :D

Check out the silver/blue two-tone. You can see mine a little in my profile pic, but there's more on Google images. I think it was called "Manhattan two-tone" or something.

Otherwise, silver's always safe. And I personally think bright colors always look great on these, such as a bright, vibrant Ferrari red.

I'm color shopping now too, using Gran Turismo 5 to try different ones.. painting the in-game car till I find a good color. It works surprisingly well haha

• Like 1

I love the video game idea!! haha never really thought to do that. It would be interesting testing actual colors vas the the game ones.

As for colors for your z, If you like that purple, go with a gold and black interior. Or gold and black outside and tan interior. 

I personally am a black interior guy.  I think its the most classic and looks clean.  How many times have you seen a muscle car with a funky interior or the interior just looks bad colored.  Thats what I think about, I don't want an interior that I will want to change in a couple years cause the color looks bad, when its worn in.