HybridZ

1983 Turbo [King WZRD]

TonyB

K i adjusted the fuel levels and we are grand now. Everything is running smooth and strong. I went down to smog. We are high on HC and CO on idle. Also at 2500rpm we are high on CO only. 

• 4 years later...

Sorry for the hiatus. Let's try to catch you, ladies and gentlemen, up. Since we last spoke:

• 3 lights on dash and car died on the road
    • new Stock Alternator and New Battery
  • Replaced the Head Gasket
    •  'shop saw minor leaks'
  • Innovate LC1 and Autotimer
    • Finally can tune this thing!
  • New Stock Power Steering Rack
  • Suspension overhaul
    • New ball joints
    • MSA Polyurethane bushings kit (w/o Control Arm Bushing)
    • Tokico HPK255 Set
    • ST Suspensions Swaybars 52105
    • Techno Toy Tuning Outer tie rod
    • Techno Toy Tuning Front LC Arm Kit
    • Techno Toy Tuning Steering Coupler

I also have a build log of what has been done to the WZRD, what I plan to do, and other random notes HERE 

So, I had a local shop that builds drag and tuner cars do the majority of the work on my car. I think the AFR gauge may be wired incorrectly. It only reads a consistent 10.7 under warm up, idle, cruise, acceleration, boost, etc. Any ideas there? 

The same shop replaced the head gasket, checked all the vacuum lines, and tried tuning the car to get it running better. But the car just isn't snappy anymore, it's running rich and smells under heavy load, and there is a squirting noise around 4k rpm. I know weird...

The next area to address is the transmission. I have a guy who can rebuild the transmission in Arizona. I found a Nissan T5 tranny going for one thousand. I asked about the condition and for photos. Would anyone know what a reasonable price for a rebuild and worn T5 would be? Here is the GUIDE I am following for the transmission. It suggests a standard strength clutch. Will this Exedy kit I have installed work with the T5? I have the Nissan close ratio in my ZX now. For a T5 swap, what else would I need? In terms of crossmember, differential, and driveshaft?

Also, a tire shop said there was play on the axel shafts. I plan to have the shafts replaced with the transmission. Should I just get stock 280zx shafts or upgrade to 300zx shafts with the 300zx differential? I read somewhere it was possible.