HybridZ

83 15/16 Master cylinder check valve replacement

So I put an '83 280zx booster and 15/16 MC on the other day, during the install I lipped the checkvalve fitting in the bottom of master cylinder. Becuase of that I cannot get the brake line flare to seal properly. I'm getting a tiny bit of seeping around the threads every couple pumps. Is there any replacements available, we have no z's in the junkyard and I already tried to order replacements of Nissan parts, but they are discontinued. Any help? finding replacements. Also what degree of flare are the fittings? I have already tried to smooth out gouge but even with nice 2000 grit I couldn't make the  bevel right perfect enough.

Yeah already checked those. I pulled the reservoir off an 84 d21 I don't know if its the same master or just the same res. if anyone is turning in a 15/16 mc for core I would pay if you pull the check valve fitting off and mailed I would appreciate it. If they replace them there has to be someone who manufactures them i just cannot find it.

See picture. What parts are you looking for?

For what it is worth, I found that the master cylinder line  fittings, rubber check valves and cone shaped pipe flange seats for the the 240Z, 280ZX and the Wilwood 1 inch MCs were interchangable. 

For example, when I did the Wilwood 1 inch MC swap I was able to use the fittings off of 240Z/280ZX MCs to allow attaching the 240Z 10mm x 1.0mm  hardlines to the Wilwood MC. See Wilwood MC swap in the brake section. 

If you have rear disk brakes you don't need the rubber check valve.

With these old cars you to be creative.

post-178-0-87795700-1387393105_thumb.png