HybridZ

Does anyone have pics & info of xxr 532, 531, and 002 wheels on their 240z?

I'm looking for a set of wheels that are wider than my panasport 16x7 that i can fit on my 240z with lowering springs, and fender rolling without cutting and installing fender flares. I want to go wider than 225 if possible with competition rubber, no stretch or camber please, I need grip to handle 400hp at autocross. I'm also open to other "knock-off" wheels that are oldschool looking to keep in my budget.

Please help me figure out what offset i need as well, I'm not very good at sizing and offset. 

Thanks! 

these are XXR 530 in 16X8.25 4x100/4x114.3 et0 (<- thats the spacing) with 225/50R16 tires. The car has lowering springs.

all the fenders needed rolling to clear the tires, and the front valence had to be removed because it was scrubbing hard when I turned.

The front wheels have ~ 1/16" clearance between the tire and the strut towers, its tight.

One last point, this is a 280z, im not sure how different 240s are. I seem to remember the strut diameter is smaller, perhaps they would fit better?

20130710_200220_zps7b25c04d.jpg

P.s. theres a thread showing wheel fitment, with sizes and pics on here somewhere. You may want to check that out.

I have 400hp and just gave up on un-flared fenders and will be cutting mine this winter. I ran 16x8 with 245/45/16 Hoosier A6s and felt very traction/driver limited-couldn't maintain decent traction on even the straight sections. Totally sucks to be unable to put the power down even with your hands level at 10 & 2. Competing XP against LS-powered miatas or trying to score a better time than a Z06 with competition rubber just isn't likely to happen unless the other driver totally sucks. I'm going to 17x9.5s Rota RBRs. Going to wear out a set of 275/40/17 A6 this year, then perhaps go to 315/35/17 next year. Still wont beat a well driven Z06 with 345s all the way around. It's frustrating but I think it is Z reality.

16x8+10. 2-1/2" Coilovers. The largest sure fit with stock suspension is going to be a 7" wide rim with zero offset or 4.5" back spacing and a 225 series tire. Anything beyond that is hit-or-miss. If you order something, test mount only one wheel before mounting tires. If it looks to clear, just mount one tire to test fit and try it on all four corners do you can return the other three wheels if the setup doesn't fit.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the XXR 532s 16x8 with 0 offset with 225/50 tires on it on stock suspension. At full turn the tire just barely touches the inner body. Outside that, They fit pretty well. Its winter here in Ohio so I have yet to drive on them. 

post-41327-0-02718400-1389754408_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gadabout