HybridZ

Help Me Clean Up My Engine Bay!

SoCal-s130

So I have a 75 280z with an l24 in it. Every time I pop the hood it drives me crazy seeing the mess of wires lying there. So I pulled everything out to strip everything out that I absolutely don't need... I've searched all the diagrams in my fsm for these boxes and for the life if me can't find them. I did buy the vehicle from someone with the l24 in it already and I have no idea if this is actually even a 75 harness.

So to sum it up I am assuming these are some sort of relays and would like to know if I actually need them.

post-2015-0-13556200-1387744258_thumb.jpg

Edited by SoCal-s130

You have fusible links in the top left and the shunt right below it. All those red/white wires are providing power. Unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't have pulled them out. The fusible links can be replaced with something like a maxifuse distribution block. The shunt, which contains some fuses can be bypassed. You have a lot more searching to do. Just look up fusible links and shunt on hybridz. To answer your question, you need them, but they can also be replaced with modern fuses.