HybridZ

turbo swap ecu wiring difficulties,please help.

Turbo72-240

UPDATE: I will try to fix the current injectors problem by completely rewiring the harness, please skip down to the 4th post for my diagram to let me know if I am going to wire this harness up correctly, Thank you.(:

I just put an 82 turbo harness onto my motor and the ecu turns on,I have spark but the injectors arent firing.both pins have power to them at all injectors.I have read through the diagrams many times and I can't figure out which ground specifically the ecu uses to ground out the injectors.the only thing that I can think of is that I took that ground wire and gave it power somewhere where is shouldn't have it.I traced all my grounds and from what I can see they are grounded out well and I made sure thqt the - terminal is grpunded to the chassis as well...everything else that the ecu controls seems to be working well, I just can't figure out these injectors.it looks like the guy I just bought the harness from tried replacing all of the injectors plugs and wires at one point, so I'm not sure if he crossed a wire somewhere, I didn't tear that part of the harness apart yet just becaused they looked fairly new and i didnt want to mess it up.

For now I just want to know if anybody knows specifically which ground does the ecu use to ground the injectors,then I will Chase that wire and hopefully find my problem.otherwise,I'm rewiring my injectors.

Thanks in advance guys

Edited by Turbo72-240

I have spark but the injectors arent firing.both pins have power to them at all injectors.I have read through the diagrams many times and I can't figure out which ground specifically the ecu uses to ground out the injectors

Power to both sides is normal, it's one of the weird things about transistors.  The ECCS from the turbo cars uses the CAS to determine when to spark and inject so you have a mystery since you have one but not the other (you are using the CAS right?).  If I had your problem I would start reading from EF&EC - 64.  The later FSM's aren't as instructive about the principles behind the engine management, they lean more toward testing and replacing parts.  More dumbed down than the 280Z FSM's.  They still have some good wiring harness diagrams in them though.

There are some smart guys on the forum who've had lots of experience with the turbo EMS.  You might have to put more effort in to puctuating and formatting your posts though to get a response from them.  Good luck.

Thank you for the reply, I do have the CAS hooked up and i am gettin a very strong spark from the coil and the dizzy as well. I was not sure if both pins were supposed to have power to them. While I am cranking the engine none of the injectors are grounding out at all.

I do have 1 na injector right now since I broke the cap on the turbo injector.I am not sure if that would have anything to do with my problem,I have tried it with that injectors unplugged with no luck still.

I apologize about the grammar and punctuation, I don't have a computer and I am using my phone.

Okay, now lets see if i have this figured out properly now...

Here is a diagram that i just made and I do apoligize about the clarity of the picture.i dont have a scanner,so I could only take a picture.

The diagram is of a pinout from the ecu to what is nessecary to make the car run properly I hope.if you can't really see the licture too well,please refer to the wiring diagram for the ECCS that I posted as well.

The blue highlighted areas are the pins that I believe I do not need(I have a non egr intake without an air regulator)

The orange highlighted areas are the pins that i do need.

I broke most of the orange ones down that I need to specifically hard wire in,some of it may be questionable because my harness was previously hacked up before. I do not have a fuel pump relay, and the efi relay wires were cut previous to me getting the harness.

The other "+" coil wire is my original tach wire so that would go to the "+" coil side, correct?

Now with everything accounted for, please review the diagrams andet me know if there is anything I listed that is wrong, or you are uncertain about.

Also, I would like to put qll of my ground wires directly to the "-" post on the battery because I would like to try to avoid any bad grounding issues. Would that be acceptable and work properly?

post-32295-0-79817800-1387774276_thumb.jpg

post-32295-0-11492400-1387775293_thumb.png

Edited by Turbo72-240