HybridZ

Help recognizing T5 driveshaft

andriod78z

I was hoping to get help from some knowledgeable forum members I'm currently restoring my 78 z I did a L28et swap with a T5 Transmission I've been looking for a T5 driveshaft to shorten it to fit my Z I recently found one for sale but the picture he has of the driveshaft looks tinner from what I've seen from other T5's. This is where I need some help recognizing the driveshaft from the one i want to buy and from the one I've seen classified as a T5 driveshaft. Thanks guys in advance.

The driveshaft I want to buy.

post-39527-0-76600100-1388477401_thumb.jpg

The T5 driveshaft I've seen for sale.

post-39527-0-52214400-1388477442_thumb.jpg

Notice the difference one looks thicker.

Edited by andriod78z

I can pretty much assure you the top pic _is not_ a T5 d/s.  They don't have that sleeve on the yoke end that fits in the trans.

PS

Please use periods/ coma's in your posts. Easier to understand what your trying to say, plus it's a enforced rule here   :2thumbs:

Thank You

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I was hoping to get help from some knowledgeable forum members I'm currently restoring my 78 z I did a L28et swap with a T5 Transmission I've been looking for a T5 driveshaft to shorten it to fit my Z I recently found one for sale but the picture he has of the driveshaft looks tinner from what I've seen from other T5's this is where I need some help recognizing the driveshaft from the one i want to buy and from the one I've seen classified as a T5 driveshaft. Thanks guys in advance
The driveshaft I want to buy

The T5 driveshaft I've seen for sale

Notice the difference one looks thicker

I can pretty much assure you the top pic _is not_ a T5 d/s.  They don't have that sleeve on the yoke end that fits in the trans.

PS

Please use periods/ coma's in your posts. Easier to understand what your trying to say, plus it's a enforced rule here   :2thumbs:

Thank You

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I edited the post to follow the forum rules sorry about that. thanks RB26powered74zcar for the heads up I didn't want to waste money on a part I wasn't certain about. Doesn't hurt to double check with more knowledgeable Z people to save $225.

I wouldn't spend a lot of money for an original shaft when you can probably have one made for around 300$. The OEM DS has non -replaceable U joints.

You will also have to have the diff yoke from the ZXT r200 to mate with that DS.

I was considering that option too I was reading about that on a couple of forums about getting one made for around that $300 price range. And i also recently read that on a Z site about needing the yoke off a ZXT diff to mate with the DS(http://www.zcarz.us/TechnicalInformationPageTransmission.htm). I really appreciate the help thanks. Edited by andriod78z