HybridZ

zx a/c control swap possible?

magnum44

I tried looking in the forums about this topic in various ways but nothing came up... here Goes, I am curious to know for those with ZX's    has anyone been able to convert from the automatic climate control to the manual ? I'd like to get rid of my automatic controls and install the simple control with the turning knob for the fan...  Not a fan of the auto control plus mine is working funky anyways, time to simplify it...any help is appreciated guys...thanks..Rob

Probably the whole box. I've never done it, but I have messed around with both md they don't look tat similar. I'm sure there is a way you could block off all the vacuum tubes and rig up the mixing plaster controls, but it would save time to remove an replace.

Either way your looking at removing the dash. I believe akumazedex did this in his build tread, although it isn't that well documented, so you could probably send him a pm.

I've done it and it was a total PAIN IN THE ARSE!  Plan on removing the entire dash board, dash support bar, and mucking with alot of vacuum lines, not to mention changing things around like the heater control valve for the manual unit...IF you can find one. It's different and NLA at Nissan.  Do I like the manual system? Yes.  Did I really gain anything other than a more reliable AC system with less vacuum line hassles?  Yes, would I do it again?  Absolutely NOT.  Not much gain for the effort.

Your mileage may vary, but remember, you asked.

Warren

Edited by Warren

Thanks for all the input , I have removed my dash about 3 times, and it's not something I love. As a matter of fact I have still a new speaker for the front center and Im really thinking about it because of the dash removal... I think the worst part is reconnecting the speedo...that is really a pain!! Now I don't know If I want to open a Pandoras box...lol