HybridZ

Datsun Competition Brake setups

Hi all,

Looking for info, specs and photos of the period setup Datsun Competition USA sold back in period. This is what I know.

Partnumber are listed on number of books eg "How to Hot Rod and Race your Datsun" and the Datsun Competition Parts Catalogs.

Going by part number the same size rotor was used front and rear and it was 11.5" however I can't find specs on how wide it was. Also there were a few options for the calipers

1. The Airheart/Hurst Caliper setup

2. The AP Caliper setup

3. The FIA Caliper and rotor setup

I know the FIA Caliper setup used different rotors but did the Airheart/Hurst setup and the AP setup use the same rotors?

If anyone can assist with info, spec and ideally photos of the setups on the car - that would help me with my application locally here in New Zealand to get my car approved as a period spec setup. 

Also I believe someone was at some point was selling a JFZ setup/kit for the Z if anyone has info/spec and photos of these JFZ setups that would also help no end at all.

I am building my car to 75 spec as that was when Nissan had the L28 approved in the S30 chassis.

Please PM me or post here or if you want to email me directly please PM for email details.

Regards

Mike, New Zealand.

Edited by NZeder