HybridZ

Hmmm Ecoboost 2.7 I want!!

4.6StangRage

New mustang V6 is supposed to have the EcoBoost as well, IIRC. Should annihilate the previous V6 mustangs...

The projections I've seen were showing

300hp, 270lb-ft  for the 3.7 V6 (same as before)

305hp 300lb-ft  for the 2.3l 4cyl Ecoboost

420hp 396lb-ft for the 5.0

The current V6 Mustang is no slouch - it gets about the same hp and 31mpg with the automatic.  The Ecoboost in this case should give a wider torque band and better fuel economy, though...

I took measurements.  The 3.5L Ecoboost will take A LOT of fabrication work to fit it in an S30.  Likely the same for the 2.7.  Work on your measuring, metal cutting, and welding skills if this is a project you want to tackle.

Not to mention the direct injection fuel system and OBD-II powertrain - you can't exactly slap someone else's EFI or a carb onto this...

Not to mention the direct injection fuel system and OBD-II powertrain - you can't exactly slap someone else's EFI or a carb onto this...

My brother has fitted a 3.7 V6 into a '62 Falcon.  It is a crowd: very tall and wide.  He had to remove the strut towers and go with Mustang II front assembly.  His biggest issue at the moment is sourcing a loom for engine management, transmission management, and electronic throttle.  The after-market hasn't caught up with the popularity of this engine and the wrecking lots won't break one up for sale.  Ford has NEVER made it easy on the DIY engine swapper: they just seem to package and market their engines with an eye toward discouraging anyone without excellent fabrication skills and a deep pocket from swapping them.  The Windsor and flathead appear to be the only engine families that Ford stuck with for the long haul.  Well, maybe the OHC fours (Turbo Mustang/Thunderbirds and such) had a good run.

g

The projections I've seen were showing

300hp, 270lb-ft  for the 3.7 V6 (same as before)

305hp 300lb-ft  for the 2.3l 4cyl Ecoboost

420hp 396lb-ft for the 5.0

The current V6 Mustang is no slouch - it gets about the same hp and 31mpg with the automatic.  The Ecoboost in this case should give a wider torque band and better fuel economy, though...

Sorry, I was referring to the older 3.8L Essex crap.

The 2.7 is smaller than the 3.5, so it should work better. Ill have to utilize the existing wiring which wont be impossible, it will just take some time thats all. Plus, I have lots of time before this comes to the marketplace anyways so someone will likely have some type of direct injection PCM kit I could use if i opted out of the OE wiring. Yeah I know it could be an intense amount of wiring so I will be looking for the challenge. However the 2.3 ecoboost is tempting but I am still not entirely sure about that one. I am still thinking about the 3.0 Duratec out of the Lincoln LS but I still thinking about it.