HybridZ

3800 Series II swap into ZX

280zxSheik

I'm doing a 3800 Series II swap into a 1983 datsun 280zx. So far I have made motor mounts, retained the stock trans mount, combined the firebird and datsun accelerator pedal, I'm using a radiator from a turbo model and sent the firebird pcm to be programmed and have the vats removed, plus a few other small modifications.

Where I'm stuck now is I need to mate the datsun body harness with the firebird engine harness so that the starter and fuel pump can be activated by the key/ignition switch. I plan to use the stock datsun body harness, the stock fuel pump and ignition wiring, starter wiring, through the fuse panel and into the engine bay. How would I wire the stock Datsun ignition to the Series II 3800 coilpack/ignition module?

Okay so im reviewing the schematics for the datsun and I was unsure if the black wire w/white strip needs to be directly connected some how the the series II ignition module/coil pack?

Finally the fuse able links off the datsun body harness obviously need to be connect to power. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

According to the fbody schematics there is a heavy gauge purple wire that runs from the starter to the bcm, becomes a heavy gauge yellow wire which runs to the ignition switch after it innervates the transmission range switch.
Any help would be useful

Edited by 280zxSheik