HybridZ

What hose goes here?

Ok, so it runs to the PCV valve?   I'm not around the car to check, but going from memory, I feel like that barb was a bit bigger than the PCV valve.

**edit**  I was just looking at a PCV hose online and one end is larger.

Edited by Spirit7

Ok, so it runs to the PCV valve?   I'm not around the car to check, but going from memory, I feel like that barb was a bit bigger than the PCV valve.

**edit**  I was just looking at a PCV hose online and one end is larger.

Yep, that's where my "uses a special braided hose" comment comes into play

The crankcase vent IS slightly larger than the PCV valve. The Nissan hose is pre bent, and has the correct sized openings.

Edited by OldAndyAndTheSea

I defer to you newzed, that may very well be the case, I was told the oil frothing reason by the zparts guy that sold me the part. 

The hose has a bulge on one end to accommodate the bigger port for the crank case, and the rest of the hose is thinner to fit the pcv. I think I may actually have a very slightly used one if you need a picture/replacement.

I defer to you newzed, that may very well be the case, I was told the oil frothing reason by the zparts guy that sold me the part. 

The hose has a bulge on one end to accommodate the bigger port for the crank case, and the rest of the hose is thinner to fit the pcv. I think I may actually have a very slightly used one if you need a picture/replacement.

Yeah, if you have one in decent shape, I could use one.  How much you want for it?

• 2 weeks later...