HybridZ

Custom intercoolers

thezguy

I'm sure everyone building them thinks their prices are reasonable.

I have used Bell for two custom air to water intercoolers and they were very nice.  You could always buy an appropriate core and have nearly any fab shop build you one. There are also pretty nice cast endtanks on the market. I have bought Precision intercoolers with Garrett cores and cut the tanks off so I could make my own. That ended up being less expensive than getting a raw core.

My Suzuki may get a CX 12x12x3 unit for nother reason than it's got mounting provisions that let me relocate it easier, and it's cheaper than the dinky stock one which is 12x8x1.5!

I think it will work just fine, and given how long I'm on boost with this thing, the additional volume is not an issue. I may as well run mechanical supercharging! LOL

There is no such thing as a "bolt-in" intercooler for a S30. If you can't drill a hole, cut sheet metal and bend it to make a bracket, or any other very basic fabrication work you're gonna pay someone to install your "bolt-in" intercooler.

Interesting to know and thanks for the links. I see the first one clearly just bolts right in with the pictures of it in a car.

?? Its the exact same one as below, without the bracket

There is no such thing as a "bolt-in" intercooler for a S30. If you can't drill a hole, cut sheet metal and bend it to make a bracket, or any other very basic fabrication work you're gonna pay someone to install your "bolt-in" intercooler.

Exactly.