HybridZ

RHD 1974 Fairlady Z Value?

Hello everyone, I came upon a 1974 Fairlady Z RHD a legit one and was wondering what everyone thought something like this would be worth. The body is in pretty good shape just needs paint. Has a rebuilt L28 bored .040 over cammed and a few other modifications. Interior is in pretty good shape just needs a headliner and a carpet kit. I'm thinking of buying it this weekend and would like to know fairly soon also if the titling would be just as simple as a regular car since it's over 25years old. Any info would be nice, much appreciated.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5500 is what he wants. Hes sendin more pics tomorrow. he sent a picture of title with his name on it and the vin number. Copy of japanese title with matching vin on japanese title and united states title also matched with vin stamped on vehicle. It does have the dual tipped stacked muffler on it

I believe it is a legit 74 fairlady vin is s30-109459. It is a 2 seater but it does have the pantera hatch on it currently. He said he has an original hatch and a ton of spare parts for it as well. Currently has a L28 he said he has another motor but didn't say if it was original or not. Do you guys think the titling and registering would be just as easy as a regular vehicle?

The VIN suggests it's a '72 model

eh ignore me, I got my S30s mixed up with my HS30s :rolleyes:

It looks in good nick from the photos but of course you can never really tell until you've had a poke around. I wouldn't wait around too long, seems like a very good price.

If it has 280 style rears then it likely is a 74 S31 chassis.

'S31' prefix didn't start until 1976 production year.

Separate reversing lamp style rear ( "260Z style" ) started very late in 1973 and ran right through to the end of production in 1978 for the Japanese market models. 

'S30-109459' chassis number indicates a January 1974 production car.

This might be a tough question to ask on here but would one rather have this 74 Fairlady or a 77 280z 350SBC 5speed in great shape for close to same price?

Only you can really answer that. Depends on your mechanical abilities or money to throw at it for that matter. Someone out there would love a rhd s30 just for the nostalgia, if you just want something that drives good and could care less about what side your sitting on maybe it's best to take the car that will be less of a headache.

I would want the rhd if it were me just for the nostalgia and cool factor. I don't think I would care much for shifting left handed though, it would be like playing with yourself lefty..fun at first, but short lived.