HybridZ

Laine motor match discontinued?

kaiserser

Hey guys,

I have a 5.0 and a t5 on the way and want to do a swap. I see that the laine/motor match mount kit has been discontinued. Does anyone know of any alternatives? Right now the only thing stopping my swap is the lack of mounts and ability to fab my own. If anyone knows a Denver shop that would make one that would also be helpful, or if anyone has any mounts they're willing to sell!

Thanks for the help everyone!

Kaiser

Here's a link to my post from a few years ago.  I took pics and posted google sketchup drawings of my Brian Laine inspired mounts.  The sketchup drawings make the mounts look intimidating to replicate, but honestly if you took the drawing to a reputable steel company that welds, they should be able to easily make the mounts for less than $100.  I literally walked in with a cardboard mock-up and rough dimensions and walked out about an hour later with the finished product.  I talk about changing motor height in that post, realize you can change the motor height by shimming the engine block-to-motor mount point with grade 8 washers (I actually have full clearance with the patriot headers by doing this).  

I spent way too much time trying to figure out the best way to put the 5.0 in my Z.  Don't let the mount hold you up like it did for me, just take the drawings to multiple shops and don't spend more than $100-150.  Mine were $50 for the steel and the welds, not including the short amount of time it took me to sit down with one of the guys and make sure he knew exactly where I wanted the cuts and welds.