HybridZ

Austins 1.5jz 77 build.

Avernier

Im lowered around 6 inches in the back if i had to guess, not 100% sure exactly how much lower than stock it is. Thats a huge contributing factor to the axles. I also drift this car pretty regularly, so clutch kicking is taking out the mustache bars. I guess its not made to deal with that sort of shock load.

I mean, there are lots of work arounds for the stock setup.

Billet mustache bar ??$

Rt front diff mount 50$

Wolf creek axles 900$

280zx/maxima disks 200$

But i still have the non adjustable rlca's and i still have the pita spindle pin and stub axle.

I canweld, have access to a tubing bender and possess adequate knowledge and intellegence to successfully swap the s13/14 rear subframe in where i'll gain:

Rear disk brakes, easily upgradeable to z32

Short nose r200

Cv axles

Fully adjustable multi link

Geometry correction due to mounting

And parts availability unrivaled by most production cars.

All for ~200$ all in.

Trouble is comfort I imagine. Unless you have room to flip your car over, fitting the rear subframe is going to be really tiring doing it from underneath. A guy I know just cut out the whole rear subframe and floor in the rear section and box framed it so he can pull up to install his non original subframe rather then push up on a subframe, every other thread I have seen is usually done with the car rotated 180 for the repeated fitment.

Just to play devil's advocate, I think you can get an LSD with cv axles in the rear with disc brakes and adjustable suspension (camber and toe) without the spindle pin for ~550 in full hardcore JY diving DIY spec to keep it comparable to the 240sx subframe swap, but the weak point would indeed be the stub axles and lack of aftermarket. Granted given some hp figures some people are putting out, I wonder if worrying about the stub axle is overkill.

I mean, there are lots of work arounds for the stock setup.

Billet mustache bar ??$

Rt front diff mount 50$

Wolf creek axles 900$

280zx/maxima disks 200$

But i still have the non adjustable rlca's and i still have the pita spindle pin and stub axle.

I canweld, have access to a tubing bender and possess adequate knowledge and intellegence to successfully swap the s13/14 rear subframe in where i'll gain:

Rear disk brakes, easily upgradeable to z32

Short nose r200

Cv axles

Fully adjustable multi link

Geometry correction due to mounting

And parts availability unrivaled by most production cars.

All for ~200$ all in.