HybridZ

Feeding My Addiction (turbo build)

Made an oil catch can and two piece mount. It kinda looks like a minion, lol. Maybe I'll paint it yellow with jean overalls.

Parts and assembly

post-8245-0-66006400-1398634642_thumb.jpgpost-8245-0-04061200-1398634727_thumb.jpg

Finished product before powder coating.

post-8245-0-16478500-1398634825_thumb.jpg

I think I'll put here. Even though the downpipe will be wrapped, I thinks I'll go ahead and make a little heat shield for extra insurance.

post-8245-0-47296100-1398634925_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a week. I've been working like crazy to get the car going and finally started it last night. Today I worked on installing the boost-a-pump and water meth kit. After that it was loaded on the trailer and we headed for Lawrence to have Ryan Mitchell tune it.

We made about 7 pulls altogether. We had trouble with it spinning the tires on the dyno after 500 hp. The first time it blew the tires off I thought something broke because of the smoke. After the all familiar scent of burnt rubber passed my nostrils I had a smile on my face once again. We put the slicks on to help with the spinning problem and that moved the power up to 544 hp 497 ft.lbs. He said it was still spinning on the dyno so we un strapped it and headed out for some final street tuning. The poor ole 4L60e couldn't handle the street and bounced off the rev limiter in 3rd. ;( Bye bye 3/4 clutch pack. That ended our tuning session.

All in all I'm relieved that the install is done. I guess now I'm going to learn how to rebuild a 4L60e. I'll post up pics and a video later. I'm beat so good night Hybridz.

Wow, what a week. I've been working like crazy to get the car going and finally started it last night. Today I worked on installing the boost-a-pump and water meth kit. After that it was loaded on the trailer and we headed for Lawrence to have Ryan Mitchell tune it.

We made about 7 pulls altogether. We had trouble with it spinning the tires on the dyno after 500 hp. The first time it blew the tires off I thought something broke because of the smoke. After the all familiar scent of burnt rubber passed my nostrils I had a smile on my face once again. We put the slicks on to help with the spinning problem and that moved the power up to 544 hp 497 ft.lbs. He said it was still spinning on the dyno so we un strapped it and headed out for some final street tuning. The poor ole 4L60e couldn't handle the street and bounced off the rev limiter in 3rd. ;( Bye bye 3/4 clutch pack. That ended our tuning session.

All in all I'm relieved that the install is done. I guess now I'm going to learn how to rebuild a 4L60e. I'll post up pics and a video later. I'm beat so good night Hybridz.

How much PSI? Your time would be better spent building a TH400 or glide.... just sayin.  

It's running 15 psi right now. I've thought about a 400. It would probably be cheaper but I like having overdrive and being able to tune the tranny. I've never ran a glide but I hear they are magical for the quarter mile. Decisions decisions.

It's running 15 psi right now. I've thought about a 400. It would probably be cheaper but I like having overdrive and being able to tune the tranny. I've never ran a glide but I hear they are magical for the quarter mile. Decisions decisions.

Ah yes. I imagine at 15# you're pushing over 700 to the tires. No wonder your 4elShitt-E took a dump.

I'm totally in awe. Please post lots of pictures once you get rested up. I'm trying to figure out where you put your radiator hoses so that they don't get fried. Looks incredible. Are you still on an R200? Axles?

Will do sir. Still on the 200 with stock half shafts. Not sure why they didn't break on the Dyno. Lol