HybridZ

Feeding My Addiction (turbo build)

A friend and I went to a car show in Kansas City yesterday and were able to make a few dyno pulls on the mobile dyno they had there. The best pull made 627 rwhp. I was quite shocked and had to ask the operator a few times on that number. Ha. I was also able to hear the car wide open from the outside for the first time. I likey.  Altogether we put about 200 miles on the car and it didn't skip a beat. It was a fun evening. Here is a link to the video:

So far I'm very happy with it. It's only rated to 700 horse so it's probably close to being done but it hasn't let me down yet. It's small and compact for easy placement which is why I picked it.  I'll probably want more later but now I need to work on a rear axle solution to get the power down without breaking stuff.  Thanks

Keep us posted on that auto turbo rear axle setup when you get it straightened out! Oh and keep it cheap so we can afford it lol, btw how's your Trans doing? Did the patch job fix it or is it still needing to be beefed up? I'm planning a 4l80e for my next build but 60's are cheaper.

Congrats again on those numbers man! It was great seeing everyone sh*t their pants when you laid it down, and even cooler watching the kids at the street races drool in disbelief... Hit me up the next time you're racing or headed to KC!

Thanks! We had a blast. I'll for sure hit you up on the next trip.

Keep us posted on that auto turbo rear axle setup when you get it straightened out! Oh and keep it cheap so we can afford it lol, btw how's your Trans doing? Did the patch job fix it or is it still needing to be beefed up? I'm planning a 4l80e for my next build but 60's are cheaper.

I have decided to go with a solid 8.8 with a torque arm setup similar to the F-body camaro. With this setup I won't need upper links which rob a lot of seat real estate. Being 6'4", I need all the room I can get.

So far the trans is holding up great. I thought it was acting a little funny but it turns out it was the clogged fuel pump that was starving fuel and making it feel similar to a slipping trans. I'd probably still go with an 80e if you have the coin. You shouldn't ever have to worry about trans issues for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a couple updates which realy aren't updates. LOL. I found out the Phantom Grip posi doesn't like a lot of horsepower. It tracked nice and straight when the car was NA but with the extra ponies it has now and with the slicks on, it just turned me hard left into the curb. Scared the poop out of me the first time it did it. SunnyZ told me I should look at the posi and that was the problem. I welded up the spiders and she tracks nice and true now.  Only now I have another issue. Boooo. The trans doesn't like the slicks. Seems everytime they go on, the 3/4 clutch pack says bye bye. It still drives but just slips in 3rd at around 85mph. Go ahead Sunnyz, say I told you so. ha.  Next up at bat is a powerglide with brake and manual valve body. It seems like all the turbo guys around here have realy good luck with the glides so guess I'm going to have to give up overdrive for now. I just want to feel the power from a dig!!!! 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...