HybridZ

atara racing wheels

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would be a lot of chopping with those wheels.

To get my 15x10s to clear with 275s in the back I had to cut my rears WAY up.

This assuming I wanted to be clear at full squat for careening off berms sideways mostly...

Really need some 16x10s.

Just pay for the real watanabes. Only a couple hundred more and you sleep better at night knowing you have real deal watanabe wheels. Atara is a knockoff fake replica that ripped off watanabe down to the center cap. Not worth it. They even stole watanabe offsets. Rota are cool because they distinguish their knockoffs.

There would be a lot of chopping with those wheels.

To get my 15x10s to clear with 275s in the back I had to cut my rears WAY up.

This assuming I wanted to be clear at full squat for careening off berms sideways mostly...

Really need some 16x10s.

What wheels are you using? Do you have pics?

I ordered a staggered set from a local rep here in SD. Just waiting for them to come in the mail. The inly draw back I see so far is find tires to fit.

What sizes did you buy? I kinda want to get 10.5 all the way around so I can rotate the tires once in awhile. But thats super wide. Also I thought 15s would be easy to get tire sizes. When you get them post up some pics to see how they look.

Edited by akhelihoon907

What sizes did you buy? I kinda want to get 10.5 all the way around so I can rotate the tires once in awhile. But thats super wide. Also I thought 15s would be easy to get tire sizes. When you get them post up some pics to see how they look.

I have the standard flares mounted so right now I'm going to try the staggered fitment with 215/60's and 225/60's. Just waiting for the shipment. I used a wheel tire calculator to see what sizes should work and started looking and pricing out tires and availability.

I've seen Shakotan's Z everywhere too. The West coast Rep (I don't know if I'm allowed to give out his real name) but he actually referenced JNPGarages car.

This is on the atara fb page. Hes running 10.5 -32 all around.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=285&aspect=35&diameter=18&wheelwidth=11&offset=-25&width2=255&aspect2=50&diameter2=15&wheelwidth2=11&offset2=-15#content

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=285-35r18-255-40r15

I've been messing around with these two sites to give me an idea how they might fit.post-10456-0-85937500-1394796696_thumb.jpg

Edited by akhelihoon907

• 2 weeks later...

Mjd240z did you get your wheels in yet?I like see pics.

Also the widest tires I could find were proxy 888r in 235/50/15. Hooser in just about any size, Micky Thompson in wide sizes and bfgoodrich in a 245/50/15 ta.

The bfgoodrich and m/t are muscle car style so im not sure on the cornering aspect, and hooser is good for racing not so much daily driver. Im leaning towards the proxies but they are directional so rotating them isn't going to work.