HybridZ

atara racing wheels

This is on the atara fb page. Hes running 10.5 -32 all around.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=285&aspect=35&diameter=18&wheelwidth=11&offset=-25&width2=255&aspect2=50&diameter2=15&wheelwidth2=11&offset2=-15#content

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=285-35r18-255-40r15

I've been messing around with these two sites to give me an idea how they might fit.attachicon.gif1511650_606104816122192_718698648_o.jpgattachicon.gif1511650_606104816122192_718698648_o.jpgattachicon.gif1511650_606104816122192_718698648_o.jpg

Luv the wide wheeled unflared look ....wish we could see more of those....stop cutting up those precious fenders people lol !

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I didnt get the wheels yet. Like JPN said... 8 weeks I ordered them back mid FEB

Mjd240z did you get your wheels in yet?I like see pics.

Also the widest tires I could find were proxy 888r in 235/50/15. Hooser in just about any size, Micky Thompson in wide sizes and bfgoodrich in a 245/50/15 ta.
The bfgoodrich and m/t are muscle car style so im not sure on the cornering aspect, and hooser is good for racing not so much daily driver. Im leaning towards the proxies but they are directional so rotating them isn't going to work.

Edited by mjd240z

I understand the back order and the issues with the Maylasia search. So I'm just being patient. I'll check with Eugene come mid April to get another update. I think I might change my tire sizes and run 215/60 and 225/60 respectively. I believe Falkens come in that size... I'm still running calculations but cant really get a good reference until I see the wheels and tires on the car. 

Eugene offered to keep doing wheel and tire fitments on the one set he has but we both still have our day jobs and I'm not too much in a hurry. so I'll keep watching this post and update as soon as JPN or Eugene says the shipments are in.  

Im also running stock struts with MSA springs and the initial test fit cleared the spring perch but it was on 195s and 205s. If you guys want can ask JPN to contact Eugene he took pictures with wheels on my Z and stock suspension.

I am also looking into coilovers soon. So im watching the BC Coilover thread as well which should runn awesome with these wheels.

Edited by mjd240z

60 side wall will be huge, I went with 225/50/15 on my 15x10.5 and they look great.

And now I know...  I just also wanna fill in that horrible wheel gap, and find the right tires to go with the set up, and for the prices on the BC coilovers (other thread)

Edited by mjd240z

Update: So I decided to run Atara's 15x9's all the way around, considering I have the standard flares installed on the Z. The 10.5's were just way too aggressive on the 2.5" rear flares and had a good 1 inch on the poke. I haven't figured out how to post pics on here yet but when I do I will. Eugene sent me some of the test fits we did awhile back. So I decided to run the ('s all the way around and just use a wider aspec ration in the rear to fill in the flare. and that way as well I have a better wheel tire combo option than besides running Toyo R888's all the time. They put in an expedited delivery so they should be here soon. mean while I'll figure out how to post pics here when I get the in. 

• 3 weeks later...

There sticking to 15's for now.

We have a couple of sets left:

15x10.5 (off silver, matt black and gunmetal)

15x9 (bronze, silver and black)

New production should be in 8 to 10 weeks and all colors will come gloss from that point on.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just pay for the real watanabes. Only a couple hundred more and you sleep better at night knowing you have real deal watanabe wheels. Atara is a knockoff fake replica that ripped off watanabe down to the center cap. Not worth it. They even stole watanabe offsets. Rota are cool because they distinguish their knockoffs.

Where are you finding real wats for ~$350 a wheel? I want that link. Sizing tires for my 17x8.5 RKR-Fs because I couldn't find a wat for under ~$650 / rim. Atara does however only offer an offset usable on a flared 240 though, which is pretty limited.

Where are you finding real wats for ~$350 a wheel? I want that link. Sizing tires for my 17x8.5 RKR-Fs because I couldn't find a wat for under ~$650 / rim. Atara does however only offer an offset usable on a flared 240 though, which is pretty limited.

I purchased mine directly from Yahoo japan through a proxy. I used jauce.com but there are other ones with lower fees. I paid about 100 dollars per wheel for shipment to the U.S. It took about a week for the wheels to get the proxy warehouse and about 4 days for them to go from Japan to my front door. After the fees and exchange rate I got a set of 16x9s for a little over 1300 dollars. The 16s and 14s are cheaper on yahoo auctions. They go for about 45000-55000 yen per pair of rims used. You can get new ones for 65000-70000 yen per pair.  The dollar is strong right now also which helps.