HybridZ

Sometimes things come full circle...

Mikelly

Back in 2001 I bought a Gnose from a guy in Atlanta Ga. and drove the 9 hours to pick it up. The thing was beat up pretty bad, but for $300, it was a find... Not long before that I had bought a rear spoiler/taillight panel at a swap meet. The spoiler and panel has never been seen anywhere else and I really thought I would use it at some point.

In 2002 I loaned both pieces to a guy names Les Heath. Les was a huge Zcar fan and really wanted to get back into the car gig. Les had broken up with his fiance and sold his house in Winder, Ga. and was back in Va. I was in the middle of building my garage and setting up shop at our old place, and Les needed work. I offered to let him the concrete and block work on my job, and then offered him the chance to copy the fiberglass parts I had so he could sell them. Les jumped at the parts and then promptly disappeared.

Fast forward to 2014 and Facebook. Les' uncle Tommy contacted me online and told me he had the parts in storage and asked if I wanted them. I jumped at the chance to go pick them up. They are now back home, a little more cracked, a little more worse for wear, but they are home none the less 12 years later.

I want to thank Tom Heath for contacting me and holding them for me, and I want Les Heath to know that his family and friends care about him and worry about him. I hope he finds happiness and productivity in life.

I will post pics in my build thread... That said, Tom is holding na pair of fenders and a dash at Norfolk County Feed and Seed in Portsmouth Va. If you want them go get them!!

Mike

Mike, if this indeed was "the" Les Heath we both know and "love".... GOOD ON YOU BRO!

I'm sending this out to the guy who sold "my" Les Heath his 71 Box Skyline.... I think he will appreciate this!

Yeah, there's not a lot of dark thoughts, entertaining comical look back things... but he was mostly benign. Lots of talk and big aspirations but almost Three Stooges kind of bad luck. 

Can't really blame him for a lot of that....and I will say he got a raw deal in Uncle Sam's Aise Frakers....to use a "Johnny Dangerously" paraphrasing. I stepped into the abuse my guy was getting with inside information that made his NCO back off and let him ride his time out (I PM'd those details to you...) It was a situation where someone really disliked the guy simply because he was a young redneck and PROUD, and didn't take anything from anybody. I always wondered what happened to a lot of the guys I knew there overseas. Some good guys got bad bosses and got run out of the service on a rail for no other reason than they were Forrest Gump and someone had a mean streak and decided to take it out on them.