HybridZ

MS3-pro

280~Master

So I have been running in circles trying to get this MS3-pro set up and Idling but no luck.

When Started, the engine revs to about 4500 to 5000 RPM's and won't fall..

Need some help as this engine build has been ongoing for a year and I'm so close..

Help or any advice would be great.

I have included my current tune and my datalog file..

My setup is like this..

F54/P79 stock cam

.20 over with Flat top JTR forged race pistons

N42 intake non-EGR

T4 Turbonetics turbo w/3" Downpipe

intercooled with 3" pipe

Turbosmart BOV

Generic Wastegate

240sx throttle body

82-83 Turbo Dizzy with 12-1 toothed wheel

Delphi 55 lb/hr EV1 Style Fuel Injector

GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Connector

Nissan Coolant Temp Sensor

LM-2 Wideband O2

Walbro GLS392

CurrentTune.rar

Quick thoughts,

Vacuum leak from under the intake at pcv valve or from moving the pcv valve and not plugging the old hole. Leak at the manifold??.. 

Tps is bad or the numbers in MS are not correct at idle. Recheck the tps fully closed with an ohm meter. See what numbers you put in MS with the throttle plate closed. Maybe your idle controller is out of adjustment or going bad. That's if you have one.

Edited by dexter72

You should be able to throttle any engine down until it dies using the "throttle".  Throttle, strangle, suffocate, keep the air out and the engine can't run.  If you can't you have an intake leak somewhere, as noted above, or the throttle body needs adjusting.  Even the idle bypass on an L6 throttle body will let the engine rev high if it's cranked open.  

No I am not using one..

Should I? I can grab 3 or 4 from a JY if need be. What are some good ones to use?

Here are some pictures I took tonight of the Dizzy and timing marks. Was wonder if you might be able to help me get the tooth #1  angle.

Pretty sure the Drive spindle is off a tooth.

post-1386-0-92749100-1393902162_thumb.jpg

post-1386-0-37818300-1393902173_thumb.jpg

post-1386-0-52893000-1393902186_thumb.jpg

post-1386-0-56862900-1393902205_thumb.jpg

Looks to be close. Whats your #1 tooth angle with your timing spot on? Mine changed with this firmware upgrade. What firmware are you running? When I uploaded the new firmware, my #1 angle changed. I noticed in the previous posts that you dont know the #1 angle is. Make sure you set that with a timing light. Dont go off of someone elses tune, then it doesnt matter where yor distributer is set. Timing lights arent expensive and a must for a megasquirt owner.

• 3 weeks later...