HybridZ

'78 280z Alternator belt slipping...

I've tightened it as much as I can as far back as I can (I used a large crowbar to get it pushed all the way to the end of the adjustment arm) -- hell I even added a rubber washer to try to mitigate the slippage on the bolt -- but the damn thing keeps loosening up and sliding causing the belt to start slipping... Any fix for this?

You're describing two issues.  A stretched/worn belt, and a bolt that won't stay tight.  Which is it?

Lower quality belts stretch.  Get a new belt.  Make sure it's correct for the engine.  Get a decent brand.  Gates seems to make good stuff.

If you can't figure out how to keep a bolt tight, life will be difficult.  Use some Loctite, perhaps.

I'd say your belt is stretched and perhaps glazed. The second last belt I put in only lasted 2-3 months before it stretched to the end of it's adjustment. When it was tight, it sounded like a supercharger whine, I ended up thoroughly inspecting the alternator for worn bearings, but the sound when away when the belt was loosened/replaced. 

If you still have issues you can try sanding the pulleys with ~220 grit sandpaper where they contact the belt, and try belt dressing spray, though it has a tendency to make a mess of your engine bay. 

Make sure you get the right belt. The parts stores routinely specify the wrong one, and I have to argue with the meat bags to sell me one 15mm shorter.

Wow what a difference the exact same belt with a "15" at the end rather than the "30" and "45"'s their computer tells then we need.

Almost can't move the alternator close enough to get it one.

Belts are belts, they consist of a length, v-profile, and width.

Get the shortest you can fit on, in a wrapped belt (not edge-cut) and you will be AMAZED how long they can last!

Another possibility for you if you want to investigate it is using a bolt adjuster for the Alt. This is really similar to what's on the Z31 for Alt adjustment. I think they make them for the S30.  Basically you loosen the holding bolt and tighten the tension bolt till the belt is tight.  Try googleing "280Z alternator Adjuster"

post-4150-0-93750000-1395067813_thumb.jpg