HybridZ

Site Problems

SuperDan

• Administrators

Sorry folks, I have been busy with some personal issues and have not been able to devote much time to some of the remaining issues on the forums.

Short version is that the problems you guys are seeing with google search results are because of the way the new forms urls, they are not the same as the ones that Google has indexed. I just submitted a new sitemap to google that should fix that shortly.

Second problem is the with email part of the software, sometimes it is not sending out password resets to some users. Looks like they are getting rejected as spam on SOME servers. I am still looking into that.

More importantly is that in about 3 weeks I will be moving the site to a new host. I will post up a notice before that happens. Suffice to say that I am pretty miffed about how our current provider handled our site problems that were clearly their fault for not keeping the OS security patches up to date and basically saying "oops, sorry, you need to rebuild your server. But if you need help we will only charge you $90 per hour"... whatever.

BTW I am still shopping around for a good hosting company if anyone has a suggestion. Right now I am looking at these guys, http://hostek.com/

We need at least:

Windows with IIS 7 preferred but I can do Linux.

Dual core proc

4 GB memory

100 GB drive space

4 TB bandwidth

Please post any new problems that you encounter in this thread only.

Thanks,

Dan

Some old threads appear to have "redirect loop" problems.  Maybe it's associated with the 404 error.  Here's an example - 

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/114835-240z-260z-280z-280zx-cam-tower-shims-080%E2%80%9D/?hl=%2Bcam+%2Btower+%2Bshims

Thanks for the work (to everyone involved) on the best run modified Z-focused site on the internet.

Edited by NewZed

Just a note for anyone getting 404 errors.  This seems to work to get to the page that comes up in the search engine - insert    index.php   in between org/ and /topic.

Before ................hybridz.org/topic/.............

After ...............hybridz.org/index.php/topic/...................

Just something to use to get by in the meantime.

Edit - the above doesn't work anymore.  Google brings up a link with the word forum now, instead of topic.

Completely replace the word forum with index.php/topic and you'll get there.  Hopefully this is irrelevant after Friday.

Edited by NewZed