HybridZ

In need of welder

chavo

IMO "Wrong Answer"...

if you don't know what you're willing to spend for that kind of work, you probably are about to be seriously shocked. It's fabrication, and good fab shops will run you $120 an hour. I can see a proper firewall being fabbed up taking easily 80 hours without prep and paint, depending on what other work needs to be done to make the carstraight before starting work (Frame Jigging at $600 to start and then tack in all the bracing.)

80 hrs to do a firewall??? I hope that was a miss print. Your fab. guy must love you. Part of the reason you pay a premium for that type of work is the expensive equipment needed and a shops ability to get the work done in a

timely manner. You should expect he/she has done it enough that they can knock it out quickly so both parties are happy with the price. Remove that 0 from the 80 and that would seem more reasonable.

I just spoke to a shop about a full chassis build, they mainly do 10.5 drag car with full funnycar cages. His

rough estimate was in the 35K range. That was including probable 25K+ in parts. And yes there will be a custom

firewall....

Look on 'Yellow Bullet' forum, mainly dragracing related, but lots of info about shops and reviews of their work.

B&G

HAHAHA! Over by Car Craft and "Fabricators Alley" on LaCadena...

They can do it...

Which scratches my brain---there was a fabrication school over that side of town. Basically build your off-road buggy frame under the guise of 'Career Schooling'... Nice Racket if you have the time. Better if your company has tuition reimbursement and you can fly the need to learn precision welding techniques...