ARP HARDWARE

DUAL BOSH 44 FUEL PUMPS

AROMOTIVE FPR

NEW 3/8 SUPPLY AND RETURN FUEL LINE

3" manderl bent exhaust

2 1/2" manderl bent intercooler piping

tial waste gate and blow of valve

hoping for 350 to 400 rear wheel horse power

I will be using the stock dizzy with Diy wheel to start.

ready to buy megasquirt ecu just not sure which one is best and easiest to tune.

I would like to control fuel, spark, fuel pumps, fans all with ecu.

Please help if you have experience with megasquirt

I'd say the biggest consideration is whether you want sequential fuel/spark or not. MS3 3.57 is probably the best if you want bank-fire injection; If you want sequential fuel, you'll probably want MS3X 3.57 (3.0 is better if you ever want to break out the soldering iron). Expect to spend a month wiring, calibrating, and getting it running at minimum.

Also, if you don't have a wideband o2 sensor, the MS install is definitely the time to do it.

The tuning process will be just about identical regardless of the version.  Jesse

nailed the real question-  Do you want to build the ECU or just use it?  Despite

the extra cost there is a lot to the MS3Pro to recommend it-  No ECU soldering,

built in SD card and RTC, automotive grade AMP connectors, smaller footprint

that might make install a tad easier.

On the budget side, if you plan to use a single coil, and batch injection you could

even use a microsquirt, but that would effective limit any future tweaks.

I'm still working on the 'minimum work for megasquirt on an l28et' article, but this is what I had ordered (mostly from DIYautotune - I highly recommend them, their support has been awesome).

Necessities*

1 x MegaSquirt Relay Board - Assembled Unit (MSRelay-C) = $94.00 @ diyautotune

1 x MegaSquirt-III EMS System - V3.57 - Assembled Unit w/ black case (MS3357-C_BL) = $559.00 @ diyautotune

1 x Wire Bundle (LG-WireBund) = $46.00 @ diyautotune

1 x GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Pigtail (IATwPiggy) = $22.25 @ diyautotune

1 x BECK/ARNLEY 158-0507 ka24de TPS = $55.43 @ ebay

1 x ka24de TPS mounting plate = $2.00 in supplies @ **

1 x 1k ohm .25w resistor = $1.49 @ radio shack

1 x Datsun/Nissan injector resistor pack = $0.00 @ included with the car, just under the clutch master cylinder)

12' x 16ga injector/ignition power wires = $5.49 @ autozone

Optional, but makes wiring a lot easier and cleaner:
1 x 460 Piece Weather Pack Kit (WPL_460-K) = $87.95 @ diyautotune

1 x Ratcheting crimper for Weather Pack connectors, 14-20 gauge (T-3138CT) = $108.00 @ diyautotune

25ft x 1/4" braided wiring sleeve = $18.01 @ amazon

25ft x 1/2" braided wiring sleeve = $16.71 @ amazon

60' x PVC non-adhesive electrical tape = $1.38 @ amazon

36' x F4 Self-fusing Silicone Tape = $13.95 @ amazon

1 x LC1 wideband o2 sensor = $75.00 @ used from a friend

Total cost: $1106.66 (so far)

* Subject to interpretation, but this is what I'd consider necessary to minimize the amount of work you need to do.

** Technical drawing coming soon, along with a file to send off to your favorite 3d printer

Ideally, I would have liked to use mil-spec wiring connectors instead of weatherpack connectors, as they provide connections that are significantly more rugged (weatherpack is rated for 10 engagements, where mil-spec connectors are rated for 50). No matter what connectors you use, make sure they're secured and take the time to test your connections before installation. There's nothing worse than thinking you have a bad sensor, just to find that a wiring connection somewhere was bad. I'll put together a video describing my experience with Megasquirt on the l28et shortly, as there is a lot of misinformation and disorganized information out there right now.

Edited by Jesse OBrien

+++

I will be using the stock dizzy with Diy wheel to start.

ready to buy megasquirt ecu just not sure which one is best and easiest to tune.
I would like to control fuel, spark, fuel pumps, fans all with ecu.
Please help if you have experience with megasquirt

I'm pretty sure there are guys that do everything you've mentioned here with an MS1 on an L28ET but i might be overlooking something.  You can surely do every bit of it with an MS2. MS3 is just vanity if that really is all you want to do and IMO kind of a waste. The benefit of sequential isn't a make or break thing with the power you want but it does change the ecu if you want to eventually go sequential.

Edited by motomanmike

+++

I'm pretty sure there are guys that do everything you've mentioned here with an MS1 on an L28ET but i might be overlooking something.  You can surely do every bit of it with an MS2. MS3 is just vanity if that really is all you want to do and IMO kind of a waste. The benefit of sequential isn't a make or break thing with the power you want but it does change the ecu if you want to eventually go sequential.

You can absolutely do it with MSnS 1 or MS2. MS3 offers SD card logging, direct USB output (instead of serial -> USB adapters, which aren't a big inconvenience), 2 crank position sensors (VR+hall/optical/points), 16x16 data tables instead of 12x12, and 2stage nitrous control (could be used for meth/water injection instead of nitrous).