HybridZ

Anyone have info on ordering from Marugen Shoukai?

rnye

S14kouki10 - they did.  They want $900 shipping for the 5 piece G Nose.

I was interested in doing the whole shebang - FRP doors/fenders/G nose/WORKs flares and lip and OEM headlight covers... Marugens prices are actually pretty reasonable.. but the shipping on top of it all is what kills the deal.  Does anyone have any alternatives?  I can't even get a hold of Marugen (their listed email doesn't seem to be working) and I frankly I don't know if they speak English or are able to process credit cards/ship to the US?

This G Nose thing is getting quite old.  I have been passively searching for years and it never seems to work out.  The part hoarders out there aren't willing to let anything go and as good as the US stuff looks - it's always a 1 or 2 piece kit - which throws off the authentic look IMO.  I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and just keep the standard front end with the airdam and send it off to paint.

Unfortunately our F360 is due for a major ($5K) and the M5 is going into the shop Monday for some needed stuff.  Bad timing puts the Datto on the back burner for now unless there is a more cost effective solution to getting parts here (and buying them to begin with!)

• 2 weeks later...

As an update to my earlier message, I received my Shokai flares today.  Thanks to all of the posts on Hybrid Z, I am so glad I went with that option.  They appear to be very well made and If the fitmnet is as good as they look, I'll be really thrilled.  Only took me about 3 weeks to get them and I got regular updates from RHD.  At the time I ordered, they cost me $308 per set, which seems very comparable (maybe a marginally higher) than the other copies I've seen on line.

I have those flares fitted to my car. I can tell you, they fit perfectly with almost no bending of the flares at all. I'll try and get some pics up as soon as I can.

As far as I know, Marugen Shoukai is a one man operation in Japan. I doubt they would be able to take an order from you. I'd just go through RHD Japan like I did. Honestly the pricing was quite fair I felt for the quality of their products.

Edited by osirus9

You can try a buying agent like Jesse Streeter (Jessestreeter.com) I've used him for many parts sent to Oz. I get quotes from RHD Japan and then send him the details, He'll beat their price every time.

I recently got the Marugen Shokai three piece rear spoiler and the quality is second to none. Yes, they can be a little slow but it's worth the wait.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...