HybridZ

Any interest in a camber adjustable rear coilover? s30/s130

The point at which you change from gaining neg camber to gaining positive camber is when the control arm passes 90 degrees in relation to the STRUT TUBE, not the ground. Lots of people think that once the control arm passes horizontal to the ground then the strut loses neg camber. Not true. It would be difficult to run a car low enough to run into a situation where the car gains pos camber in bump. We have a really really good thread here that plots out camber curves, etc here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/63492-suspension-tech-motion-ratio-unsprung-weight/

The camber gain is very linear throughout Dan's (74_5.0L_Z) range of motion, and he has an extremely low autox Z car.

The curve to that 90 degree mark is different on an offset strut though, which is what I'm working on...

Good link !

Just to give you an idea what the adapters could be capable of, though the final version may vary, camber adjusted at the wheel only:

18ehQ4r.jpg

9HGRUCS.jpg

And you need camber gain because of the loss of camber in roll. Even if you set the camber angle at the spindle you will lose camber as the car rolls into a turn.

I think your idea is good but not exactly for the reasons you're stating.

And you need camber gain because of the loss of camber in roll. Even if you set the camber angle at the spindle you will lose camber as the car rolls into a turn.

I think your idea is good but not exactly for the reasons you're stating.

You're right, this is one of those mods where the results would be a complicated mix of side effects, the key will be to mitigate any of the unwanted ones, while gaining other beneficial ones...  and as proven by the z31 community, tough to visualize for many :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So the only redesign I need to make to my adapters is a longer base, and a very slight bump in diameter to be tighter to the tube wall..

Parts used: 240z '73 rear strut, my z31-s13 coilover adapter, and stance s13 coilover bracket

post-43768-0-40754900-1408162536_thumb.jpg

post-43768-0-96275700-1408162540_thumb.jpg

Ok so I have 3 potential designs for this:

1. weld-in

2. bolt-on steel

3. bolt-on aluminum.... 

Who would be ready to buy in...... and who's interested in which option?

G'ready. G'set. GOOOoooo....