HybridZ

The "Ultimate" IRS Swap for S30s

wfritts911

For those of you that have already purchased hubs, what brand did you purchase, and how many holes were drilled on the flange? I'm staying 4-lug and looking for good hubs to have redrilled.

I just received a set of Timken hubs and they already have 10 holes drilled. Adding 3 more for the 4x4.5 pattern does not sound like a good plan. 

Timken_513089.png?dl=1

Well you would only actually have to add 2 holes now, since you already have 2 directly across from each other. That is interesting though, I bought my hubs from RockAuto, they were one of the cheaper hubs they sell and they only had 5 holes. Interesting that the Timkens have 10 holes in them. Possibly try to return them and purchase some cheaper hubs.

-Will

D'oh! :bonk: You're right, it would just be two. 

These will be going back for sure. It sounds like ValuePro (the cheap RockAuto option) will work. 

I was using the photos on RockAuto as reference. The ValuePro had 10 holes but Moog and Timken were both 5. In hindsight they're probably using generic images for several part numbers.

Edited by pete280z

Well phones been broken for a couple days so I don't have any pictures, but I have 8/10 uprights tack welded up ready for my welder to burn them up when he gets a chance. Other 2 will be getting tacked up today. The front diff mounts are tacked up as well. Had some hold ups with the stub axle flanges, the CNC mill's drawbar was missing a few threads on the bottom so it ended up dropping a collet with a carbide end mill out at ~3500 rpm :o . Hoping to get it fixed ASAP and get those made.

-Will

Those of you buying one of these first 5 setups, check your PM's.

As for updates, I gave the uprights and front diff mounts to my welder last night, he will hopefully get them knocked out tonight.

Mustache bars just need the mounts drilled and tapped. I was going to do them today but I've got a lab report due tomorrow that I'm going to have to work on instead, but I might squeeze them in if I can.

I have two axle flanges done but had to let someone else use the CNC so I wasn't able to make any more. Hopefully will be able to get on it this weekend to finish them up. Then its just a matter of getting the welded on.

Will be finishing up the strut tubes this weekend, getting those welded this weekend as well. I purchased one Koni Yellow to use for mockup to ensure everything is 100% good again. I won't need it once I mock everything up though. If anyone is willing to purchase it from me that would be great, I'd knock a little off the new price and can send it with the rest of the goods.

Still no pictures as my phone is inoperable and I haven't got a chance to dig the camera out of whatever box its hiding in.

-Will

Ok so everything is pretty much done other than some finish welding on the axle flanges. My welder was going to finish tonight, but got held up with a last minute job at work so he is working pretty late tonight. Finished the strut tubes up Sunday night. Will be boring the rotor hats out tonight, had to get a new cutter insert that I couldn't get last night.

Pretty much waiting on my welder to finish up which will hopefully be tomorrow, and I'll be dropping everything off at the powder coater.

I will post some pictures shortly.

-Will