HybridZ

The "Ultimate" IRS Swap for S30s

wfritts911

Guys, word of caution when assembling the inner CV axle components.  I stripped one of the inner threads for of the 3/8th bolt that holds the unit together on the stub.  I'll have to remove and add a helicoil to the offended hole.  It's really easy to mis-align these, as the boot presses on the socket/tool when installing the bolts...  "Thought" i had hand started all of them but I missed one, clearly.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a long overdue hibernation from me, I finally have the ball rolling on 10 more sets of these. Placed an order with a laser shop on Monday. I have made a new thread in the Vendor section to deal with the purchasing side of things and will leave this for the tech side of things.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/121613-s30-ultimate-88-irs-swap-kit/

On another note, how is everything going? Anyone driving on their setups yet? I know Texis300 finally got his car going and has been putting some miles on his. Mike? What about you? I do apologize for the stripped bolt, I might try to chamfer the entry to the hole more on the next ones to help with that. I know the boot definitely makes it difficult to get the bolts in properly.

-Will

Who the F.#.#.k. is that ? I haven't heard of him.....lol. Seems like we are thick as thieves with nasty Zs here in town..... Everything is bigger, I mean better in Texas

Lol I had never heard of him either. He saw my build on tech and PM'd me... Just when I thought I was the only street driven one out there.. Oh well maybe I was the first? Also Kerry from LA will be there with his turbo 5.3 too.. Lots to do next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol I had never heard of him either. He saw my build on tech and PM'd me... Just when I thought I was the only street driven one out there.. Oh well maybe I was the first? Also Kerry from LA will be there with his turbo 5.3 too.. Lots to do next weekend.

Haha I've been here for awhile. Oh, and I got it punched out to 427 after sleeving, and less compression. My build took 2 frustrating years. The current setup should've been for last year, but oh well I'm glad I got to drive it for a little bit last week.

But on topic, I'm glad to see this is picking up again...hope I'm not too late!

Haha I've been here for awhile. Oh, and I got it punched out to 427 after sleeving, and less compression. My build took 2 frustrating years. The current setup should've been for last year, but oh well I'm glad I got to drive it for a little bit last week.

But on topic, I'm glad to see this is picking up again...hope I'm not too late!

Should have checked your car out while I had the chance..

• 4 weeks later...

Can't remember off the top of my head, will have too look when I get home today. I think its something like 7 degrees. The only downside to adjusting the camber with my upright is you will push the wheel closer/farther away from the upright. This is generally ok, but can be troublesome if your wheels are pretty close to your coil-overs. trying to add negative camber could push the wheel/tire into the strut.

-Will

• 4 months later...

Just put my deposit down! Cant wait to start rounding up parts! Now I just have to decide if I'm going to keep the 302 and go boost or stroker or pull that engine put it in my fox and go with a ls or 2jz. I'm wanting more power now that I know the rest of the drivetrain will handle it! I'll also be doing a youtube series on the install! Can't wait. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my kit last night.  Unbelievable.  These parts are too nice for my car.

Everything arrived in beautiful condition.  I have never seen so much bubble wrap in my life.

I know it takes a lot of time to do something like this and I hope you are rewarded for all your hard work.

Thanks again.

-Mark

Got my kit last night.  Unbelievable.  These parts are too nice for my car.

Everything arrived in beautiful condition.  I have never seen so much bubble wrap in my life.

I know it takes a lot of time to do something like this and I hope you are rewarded for all your hard work.

Thanks again.

-Mark

I actually kind of chuckled about that.  Here was a box of powdercoated steel that came packaged better than my last order of computer parts from NewEgg.

• 2 weeks later...