HybridZ

ZCC JDM Outer tie rod issue

I'm considering these just to get rid of the bend in the stock outer tie rod. My car is lowered and I wear out inner tie rods pretty quickly. I THINK reducing the angle on the inner tie rod will help. Meant to move the LCA pick up when I had the motor out for the LS swap, but I simply forgot to do it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS WOULD MAKE A VERY BAD DAY FOR YOU.  

The Heim joint binding thing is safety critical - don't f*ck around with that.

Well I will definately be getting a professional to check range of motion in regards to suspension travel and tie rod heim joints busting on me ....I might be better sticking with the stock tie rods .....once I get the difference spacer from Brian I'm gonna throw it up on my brother in laws rack and he's gonna check it all before it even hits the road .

There seems to be a lot of people here who know there stuff ...what's the proper way to lower your car and beef up the suspension but do it properly without any issues ?.....or is it a catch 22 ? I mean is there a thread sticky I'm missing ?...with so many people customizing there datsun you think this would have been covered and perfected by now ...no ?

Why ? I'm not trying to be rude I'm just curious why this hasn't been covered in here ...after all this is a forum for datsun enthusiast to help eachother is it not ?

I don't want to know or get involved with any forum drama if there is any .

So if that comment is gonna cause that ...moderators please delete.

I know what I'm after ...a fully upgraded suspension ....that's why I bought full bolt on coilovers ...camber plates ....sway bars ....LCA front and rear ...tension control rods...and outer tie rods ...with RCAs ....you guys are chiming in making me aware of the possible dangers and how all these upgrades won't fix the bumpsterr issue .....I want to do this safely and a lot of guys are doing this stuff and are interested in it so I figured why not talk about it and see why it can't be figured out and done properly ...if it hasn't been covered already .

Edited by theatriks

Sounds like you'll be pretty set up if you install what you have. If you're really interested in the minutia, read the FAQ stuff. If you just want a nice handling Z, a good alignment on a car with coilovers and camber plates and adjustable control arms should be all you need.   

I know what I'm after ...a fully upgraded suspension ....that's why I bought full bolt on coilovers ...camber plates ....sway bars ....LCA front and rear ...tension control rods...and outer tie rods ...with RCAs ....you guys are chiming in making me aware of the possible dangers and how all these upgrades won't fix the bumpsterr issue .....I want to do this safely and a lot of guys are doing this stuff and are interested in it so I figured why not talk about it and see why it can't be figured out and done properly ...if it hasn't been covered already .

Just to be clear, I didn't say that you couldn't fix your bumpsteer, just not likely "out of the box" without dialing it in.  In fact it appears that the parts you have should allow you to adjust things, but you'll need to put in that extra effort.  Try a Google search on "bump steer gauge diy" and do some reading :) 

Also, you hopefully won't have a problem with the Heim joints, but you should always check these things to be sure - the consequences of failure can be pretty bad!  If you do have an issue, report back and hopefully you can get some advice on how to address it.

Sounds like you'll be pretty set up if you install what you have.

Everything is already installed thats why i started this thread because the last thing i installed was the outer tie rods and thats when i got the issue ....the picture of the tie rod i posted is my car ....you can see all the TTT goodies on it.......i will post pics of the entire setup if you wanna see it.....the only thing i have and havent installed yet is S/T sway bars.

Edited by theatriks

I just tried to order these to go with my new steering rack, but the ZCC JDM website shows them as unavailable....do you know what's up?  I will try to call them tomorrow.  I'm thinking of raising my front ride height a little and I need the extra length to be able to increase camber with my adjustable LCAs...

• 2 weeks later...