HybridZ

Hey everyone,

So I recently shaved and painted my valve cover, and I'm looking for a new oil cap that is smooth and that I can paint to match. I went searching on ebay for oil caps and a ton of generic stuff comes up, but I don't want to buy it unless it will actually fit. I searched around the web a bit and I couldn't find any information on this particular subject.

Does anybody know if the oil caps from other, newer, cars will fit our L series engines? There are certainly a TON more options for newer cars.

For example this guy right here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-NISSAN-200SX-240Z-240SX-260Z-280ZX-300Z-300ZX-ALUMINUM-ENGINE-OIL-CAP-RED-/111274214591?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e875c4bf&vxp=mtr

It claims to fit the 200SX-240Z-240SX-260Z-280ZX-300Z-300ZX

Does anybody know if all these cars/engines have interchangeable oil caps?

I found a nice billet aluminum cap on the ground with a Honda emblem on it. It fit my L28 just fine!! I removed the Honda sticker and installed a Z sticker from msa that was made for aftermarket wheel center caps!!

I have no idea what Honda it fell off from, but I'm sure if you Google for them you will find your answer :wink:

I found a nice billet aluminum cap on the ground with a Honda emblem on it. It fit my L28 just fine!! I removed the Honda sticker and installed a Z sticker from msa that was made for aftermarket wheel center caps!!

I have no idea what Honda it fell off from, but I'm sure if you Google for them you will find your answer :wink:

Weird. Do you have any pictures of it? Does it basically just look like the one I linked on ebay?

Thanks, it's not cracked through or causing vacuum issues, its just an eye sore as some of the side tabs are missing.

Btw, is this an oem cap?

Yea its an OEM cap. In good shape.

Hey everyone,

So I recently shaved and painted my valve cover, and I'm looking for a new oil cap that is smooth and that I can paint to match. I went searching on ebay for oil caps and a ton of generic stuff comes up, but I don't want to buy it unless it will actually fit. I searched around the web a bit and I couldn't find any information on this particular subject.

Does anybody know if the oil caps from other, newer, cars will fit our L series engines? There are certainly a TON more options for newer cars.

For example this guy right here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-NISSAN-200SX-240Z-240SX-260Z-280ZX-300Z-300ZX-ALUMINUM-ENGINE-OIL-CAP-RED-/111274214591?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e875c4bf&vxp=mtr

It claims to fit the 200SX-240Z-240SX-260Z-280ZX-300Z-300ZX

Does anybody know if all these cars/engines have interchangeable oil caps?

Man that's an awful eBay-special copy of an HKS oil cap.

I just replaced mine with a ZStore billet cap. I'll compare it to the Toyota oil cap I have in the morning & report back.

honda civics and acura caps fit. (i looked up caps on autozone's site and compared them to different year cars).  Alot of the aluminum caps you see on ebay will be hks knock offs.. If you want to spend the extra cash for an HKS cap (extra cool points) you can. 

Heres mine

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1902960_10152145216453557_1399408692_n.jpg

Edited by Hypertek