HybridZ

Anyone have a fuel injection diagram for a rb series engine

Da Fisch

I started with a rolling chasis and about to drop in a rb25 series one engine. I bought a fuel cell, aeromotive 1000 fuel pump, aeromotive adj fuel pump controller, aeromotive fuel filter surge tank, and am looking at lines. I am a hs student doing a first build and trying to figure out everything on my own, and would like a little help :P what else do I need, anyone recommend certain products, types of lines ect? Or a diagram most commonly used? Everything is -6an by the way. Thanks!

It's really no different than pluming any 240z with a strait 6 cyl. You will learn tons of valuable info by reading through the build threads of the guy's who have done it.   http://forums.hybridz.org/forum/44-members-projects/

Look in the fuel forum also.  http://forums.hybridz.org/forum/22-fuel-delivery/

fuel.jpg

The grey pump (#1) is a low pressure deal to fill the surge tank (#3), and the red (#2) pump is a high pressure deal to feed the fuel rail.

There should be filters in there, either an in tank strainer type thing (which may be what #7 represents) or an inline type. You should have a pre-pump one for larger particulate as well as something post pump to catch smaller stuff that could clog up injectors or the regulator. 

Depending on what fuel pressure regulator you buy (or have bought), the position of the regulator (#6) may change along with how the feed for the rail and the feed for the regulator are set up.

Does this help?

Edited by Italian

It sounds like you have some budget to work with, so I'll recommend that you buy wiring specialities wire harness. It takes pretty much all the work out of the electrical part of the fuel injection system and gets you running quickly, easily, and with a known good harness with new wires and connectors. I also recommend that you buy his fuel injector sub harness and coil pack sub harness. Again, known, new good wiring is a great thing to have. That will cost about $550, I believe. That's what I did.

Fuel lines - the sky is the limit on what you can do for your fuel system. I am not familiar with the fuel pump and controller you bought. Is that designed to be ran as a returnless system? It sounds that way since you say you bought an adjustable fuel pump controller. The stock rb setup and most builds I have read here use a return style fuel pressure regulator. I ran mine this way and used a stock style, nismo adjustable fpr (fuel pressure regulator). I ran new 3/8" hard lines for pressure and return. If you are going to use the stock fuel rail and side feed injectors, you have to come up with a way to go from 5/16" rubber fuel injection hose to 6an. This is harder than it sounds because there are few fittings that bridge these two sizes. I used these:

http://fittingsandadapters.com/femjic37swiv.html

This takes a 5/16" fuel injection hose barb to/from the stock fuel rail and gets you to 6an. Although I'm sure there are differences, an and jic fittings are compatible practical purposes. If you don't want to use any rubber fuel injection hose in your build, you should probably switch to a top feed fuel rail that is already set up for an fittings.

Edited by kerristallax