• 2 weeks later...

Z8A1567

Z8A1567

Z8A1570

Z8A1570

Z8A1592

Z8A1588

Z8A1597

Rounding out some of the welding on the floor, I am pretty happy with the bend near the gas/brake pedals came out all things considered.

I am not going to win any contests for welding...but at least this tricky portion is done. The passenger side did not have as many issues so I did not take extensive pictures of it (some are in a previous post).

Pictures Taken August 2015

More Pictures (same thing higher rez this time only): http://www.doitinadatsun.com/yoak/2015/09/floor-install-ix/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Z8A1648

Z8A1643

Z8A1644

Z8A1641

Z8A1639

I haven't been able to do as much on the car as I am waiting on things but trying to do little things here and there to keep busy.

Pictured above is my test fit and modify of the Dash cover. I was originally going to fix it, but everytime I would fix a crack 2 new ones wold start. In the end I decided to seal up these areas and go with a cover and paint with SEM like many other have done. The end result is looks very close to the original (future update will have pictures) and the costs associated with fixing said dash can been used else where.

Pictures Taken September 2015

• 4 weeks later...

Posting Everything here as there is a bit of context

Z8A1650

Z8A1658

Z8A1661

Z8A1827

Z8A1824

Z8A1836

Z8A1837

Z8A1838

Z8A1839

Z8A1841

Z8A1842

There is quite bit going on in all of these pictures so they will require a bit of explanation.

Pictures 1-3 show the new dash cap paint with SEM Black Trim & SEM Black Texture.

Pictures 3 & 4 show some of the damage that my dash had, these is more but you get the idea.

Pictures 4-6 show the original dash painted with SEM – this was so when the cap was on things would blend a bit nicer. I did not use the trim paint on everything…but only in areas where overlap wold occur as you would not see it anyway and the stuff is expensive for a spray can.

The remaining pictures are for contrast only, to show the cap vs original repainted dash. I do not have any final pictures of how things came out yet as Winter came along and I put this on the back burner for the moment, however, the fitment came out very nice with only a few spots that will need to be glued and re-clamped.

Pictures Taken September 2015

Same Thing slightly higher resolution: http://www.doitinadatsun.com/yoak/2015/12/dash-cap-test-fit-paint/

Curious what the cost of the modified pan was? I'm looking at doing something similar soon.

Here is a link to his site: http://www.dpracing.co/#!engine/c1pj

As of this writing it looks like it is $780.00 plus shipping, spendy but really nice quality.

For the record I am in no way affiliated with him. I wanted a pan for the ZX and I emailed him and he was able to accommodate me. I did have to get a few measurements as he generally works with S30, but that was expected.  I figured after all that I have gone though that $780.00 is not to bad over the lifetime of a car. In my case (ZX Pan) my options were pretty limited, but saying that - I would still buy his pan again and likely will when I get back to my 240z. Another option was Kameari which I was told would not clear my center cross member and was a similar price. It may have been able to squeeze in my 79ZX but there was just to much risk in that :)

Edited by Yoak

Here is a link to his site: http://www.dpracing.co/#!engine/c1pjAs of this writing it looks like it is $780.00 plus shipping, spendy but really nice quality.

Thought that looked like the DP racing pan. I'm hoping to do something similar, but without the price tag and plating...

Looks very sharp, eager to see it all go in. Builds with good photography are always more fun to follow! Are you using a tilt shift lense for some of these?

The ones here are not tilt shift. They were taken with L series lenses, but I have done some older ones  of the Z with tilt in the past. Tilt-shift seems to be a a bit of a mixed bag on how people recieive as it can be a very different look. That being said, I have used tilt quite a bit on my photography website, and I will try and take a few once the engine is back togehter (hopefully this week - more on that to come).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Z8A1966

Z8A1964

Z8A1982

Z8A1971

Continued work on the rear hatch area...which was rust (like everything else so far)...I have a replacement part for this but the current goal was just to stop the rusting.

Also pictures it some braces I made for the tunnel...there was some flex there...ugly weld as they appear in the picture but they hold...and you won't see them anyway as they are under the carpet.

Pictures Taken October 2015

Few More at: http://www.doitinadatsun.com/yoak/2016/02/240z-hatchtunnel-repair/

• 3 weeks later...

Another semi boring update...here are some pictures of my spacers I made for the 350Z brackets.

I did not take pictures of how they look in the seats (I will on next seat), but basically I welded a thick flat piece on both sides: One directly to connect to the 350Z rails, and on the other side which formed a box. The end result was a bit overkill, but more surface areas was welded to the original frame and I got some additional needed clearance for the custom mounts I am making in the car.

Z8A2032

Z8A2040

Z8A2044

Z8A2086

Z8A2045

Pictures Taken Oct, 2015

More on my site, but meh not much to look at: http://www.doitinadatsun.com/yoak/2016/03/240z-350z-bracket-spacers/