HybridZ

External oil pump, wet sump...

ZT-R

Hey guys I'm thinking about doing an external oil pump with wet sump on my build. I am thinking about making a bracket that mounts in the power steering location and using a moroso pump. Im thinking a single or double stage (depending on the space we have available). The RB30 uses the same power steering bracket mounting holes as the rb26 but just would require 2 bushings on the backside of the bracket. Should be fairly straight forward. I might draw it up in auto cad and have it printed or i might just make it myself. It would be pretty difficult to get a proper dry sump in the s30 bay with the rb30. Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions?

Have you seen his build?

He has had 3 dramatic engine failures. Something has to change!@

Yes i have seen it, however he's still not using a factory oiling setup.. hes running external pickup..

I personally think he has something plugged off thats not supposed to be, or something in the block itself isn't right, or his current oiling setup is a miss, maybe its sucking air etc.. theres something major thats wrong if its ******* bearings in less than an 1 hour. I hope he knows that the main bearings are different and not all the same.. but ALL of his problems started prior to any of this.. Its hard to speculate whats wrong with what he's got going on when none of us are in front of it.. 

If it were mine, it wouldn't have gone back together until i knew i found the issue.. 

Edited by flatrate

With your luck so far I would not start down a uncharted road. If you want to go dry sump, modify the engine bay to fit(if it really needs it). Did Robbie have one on his 240? He would be my first call/email. Plenty of manufacturers that make kits, someone has put one in a Z...or will help package it for you. Look on Yellow Bullet forums, lots of good stuff on dry sump suppliers. Some really trick parts out there.

It might be expensive, but if it solves your issues, money well spent.

Good luck....again.

B&G

I think you need to do a crate motor because building engines isn't your thing. Please don't take it wrong but this is getting pretty expensive for you.

Get a LS crate motor and slap a super charger on it and call it a day.

When I say crate motor I mean do not take it apart.Take it out of the box and install and ENJOY. That's it!!

• 2 weeks later...