HybridZ

Anyone running/opinion on Stance coilover from Sakura Garage?

I am leaning the same way.  Lots of guys seem to run a 250-275 front and a lighter spring in the rear, but the balance/ weight dis. on the car seems very good, and I think with the preload adjustment separate of ride height you could change handeling characteristics with out effecting height.  (ie create sharper turn in/oversteer  with less preload up front and more in the back.... or am I totally drunk on this?) 

I think I am just going to go 6k square and adjust if i need to as I am tracking the car more......

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well my car is gonna be a weekend cruiser  with the occasional track day so i didnt want anything to soft her recomended 5k in front and 6k in the back since i am doing a sr20det swap but i went with the 6k front and back. He also told me if the setup was to stiff he could get me others but for me to just call him.

• 3 weeks later...

And its ordered. 

I will be posting up pics as soon as they arrive, and will post pictures of the installation.

Cannot begin to express how excited I am.

Went with 6 k upfront, and 5 k in the rear, with the camber plates. 

1971 - should be fun.  Pretty solid chassis in good shape.  felling a little guilt cutting the tops for the camber plates, but I am sure sharp handeling and being a hair lower will take the sting away.

• 2 weeks later...

And its all arrived!

I will post pictures as soon as I get off work and have time to take it all our of the boxes.  The one I assemby I have taken out looks amazing.  Camber plates look great.  I am debating powdercoating the vanity plates, but will wait till I know what direction I am heading with colour. 

Quality is awesome. 

Initial impression is very good. 

Now..... to find time to install.

Yeah just on the coils.  The camber plates require some cutting but no welding.  The template seems rather good, and should work well for getting the plates straight and perpendicular to the chassis.  The 3 strut tower bolts are the reference point, which makes sense.  

I have been going back to my trunk of my car all day at work to check them out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

No not yet.

My budget for Datsun time is limited right now (2 year old and my wife is due with our second in a couple months.)   

Managed to change my starter and get my mirrors replaced this weekend.

Looking to line up time to head up to a friends shop to have the strut tubes welded. Still need the bolts that mount the camber plates to the coilover assembly.  Stance forgot to ship them, but Chuck at Sakura has been great and has them coming my way.  As soon as I have that I will be making the arrangements to install the set up. 

And then low and flat through the corners. 

Photos will be coming on this thread of the install.  I promise. 

;) 

• 2 months later...

Well, my wife and I had a baby boy.  

So car is still in garage with broken rear coil and coil overs are sitting in a box waiting to slam my s30.

This has now become my winter project.

I plan to order t3 rlca's as.....I plan on destroying the old spindle pins....and why not race car?