HybridZ

car/race scales in bay area

Gollum

I have a 83' 280zx turbo that I'm selling on Sunday, but I'd LOVE to be able to weigh it. Local truck scales are a bit rude to cars that pull in, so does anyone anywhere from Oakland to Davis or nearby happen to own scales I could use for a short while? Ill bring a 6 pack of your choice. :-)

Find a Gravel Pit and call ahead. Midweek when there isn't a lot of traffic outgoing and they should do nicely.

I weigh mine at the CAT registered scales 4 miles from the house at the ARCO AP/PM Travel Center. It wants to be a truck stop, really it does! Just no traffic. Anything they can get across the scales to pay for them they gladly accept!

Well the moment has come and gone unfortunately. :-(

Car left me last weekend and the ONE chance I had I got to the scale about 30 minutes after they closed. I was ready to start pounding at the gate but it looked pretty deserted already.

It's too bad, because like I said, it's not every day I come across a bone stock 100% OEM turbo. Not a single bolt was missing from the engine bay, flat tire air was still the Nissan branded bottle. The only quibble I had was that it had an alarm, which probably added a couple pounds. And it was a manual too, not auto.

Hmm - My '77 280Z with an LS1 & T56 along with sound deadening and a full leather interior with sound system weighs an even 3,000 lbs.  My '83 280ZX NA with a 5-spd manual weighed 2,830 lbs.  

If you do the truck scales right they can also give you front and rear axle weights as well as total weight.  It would be sweet to have corner weights with and without me in the car but I don't know anyone in my area with them except the local 1/2 mile oval track.  Hmmm.