HybridZ

Mckinney Troubles

Da Fisch

Hello everyone. I know that a lot of you have ordered parts from Mckinney and received them but I seem to be having troubles communicating with their staff. I ordered 4,000 worth of parts over three months ago and they just emailed me today for the third time asking about my engine type, drivetrain info, car info etc. I have sent over 3-4 times the requested info to different emails from different emails to make sure they received the information and they have never confirmed it. Has anyone been scammed by the company? What should I do? I tried calling a few times and they never picked up either. 4k is alot to throw away and not worry about. Thanks!

Scammed, I don't think so. Their shop is right down the street from me, I would say under staffed and busy is their issue. I think they have one young guy running the shop doing mostly mechanical work. You could always ask for your money back and take your business elsewhere.

Edited by ~KnuckleDuster~

They always came through for me. I will say that every time I talked to them one the phone and even the emails that I got gave me the impression that they are always really busy. I had an issue with my down pipe but I sent it back to them and they fixed it. I will say that it took quite a while for the exhaust parts and I got the impression that they are made by some one else. So it could be that they are waiting for all the parts to be ready at one time. Keep us updated on your progress.

I've had communication issues with them when I had a problem with one of my shocks, but I got there in the end, I don't think they were trying anything on, the replaced the shock and shipped it to Northern Ireland for no cost to me so I can't complain at all. They are probably just busy.

Good reminder for me though to order my mounts from them well in advance.

They aren't scammers, you aren't at risk for losing your money.  As others have mentioned, they are busy and not very good at communication.  They don't ask for necessary information like what differential flange you have (8mm bolts vs. 10mm bolts, which pattern) up front, so your best bet is probably to call them and talk to a person to get your order straightened out.  I suspect that there are probably 100 teenagers that read about the RB engine on the Internet and email them pointless questions for every 1 person that actually buys something from them, which doesn't help the problem.  

I have their engine and transmission mounts and their driveshaft for my RB25 280z.  Simply put, their stuff does work, and they are one of the only games around if you want to buy pre-made RB swap parts for the S30.  You get zero instructions with it, so be aware of that.  If you are installing the RB25det transmission in a 280z, you have to cut out the old factory tranny mounts and drill holes through the floor. 

I had problems with fitment on the trans mount for the rb swap into my datsun so I mailed the new mount as well as my factory mount back almost a year ago. I have not yet seen a new mount, but I have communicated with the owner and he is incredibly nice.

I guess it has been a year and he claims they have sent me three seperate trans mounts but I have not recieved one yet so.......... make your own judgement. I'm super easy going so I dont get hot and bothered as long as it gets resolved eventually.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry!!    we have been slow on some parts, but we down to 2 of us and I'm working 50-70 hour a week, trying to keep up with sales.  I'm answering the phone all day and producing parts until 10 or 11 at night..  Some of the  problems is answering question for the new guy to the Z car world. Some of them can take over a hour for one call...   I try to answer all calls and e-mails with in a day..   problem is some email go to trash.   Subject line must be related to the work we do or it may never go through to us...

Hope this answers some of you questions...

dnatoli   your mount is on my desk I lost you address......call me and I will get to  you  2 days  express mail

Mack

Edited by fast-datsun