HybridZ

Can't "paste"?

I know it sounds stupid, but I can't get the paste function to work.

I can copy text to my clipboard, but when I right click and choose "paste", nothing happens.

Shift-insert doesn't do anything.

None of three "paste" buttons up above work either. I can hit one of the buttons and I get the pop-up box "If you allow this, the webpage can access the Clipboard, etc..." I hit "allow access", but still no paste.

So... Any guidance as to whether it's PEBKAC or something wrong on the site? Something so simple, but when it doesn't work, you realize how much you need it!!

I used to be able to paste just fine. Now, sometime in the past few weeks something happened and now I can't.

Posted Today, 01:03 PM

Actually I'm running Windows 7 64 bit under the latest IE.

Mine works.  Pasted the above from Post #5.  I have 32 bit Windows 7, with Chrome browser.  Text will cut and paste, images won't.  Maybe there's an image in the text you think you've cut.

For quite a while I had all three of the main browsers installed.  Each one had its own strengths.  IE and Firefox bloated and slowed pretty rapidly over the last year though.  Chrome works great.  As far as privacy, it's pretty apparent now that there is none, no matter what browser you use.

Pasted an image below just to be sure.

edit - well I guess some images do paste.  Better.

Administrator

• photo-thumb-95.gif?_r=0
  • Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 9177 posts
  • LocationLa Habra, CA, USA

Posted Today, 03:27 PM

Then the issue is the latest IE.

----- John Coffey, Fabricator at Benton Performance, LLC
Edited by NewZed

No, there were no images, just simple text.

I dug around on the site and determined that the forum S/W is from IP Board (lower right hand corner of the footer at the bottom of the pages). Then I searched for "problems with paste IP board".

It's clearly not a unique issue,

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/problem-with-copy-paste-r32040
http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/internet-explorer-11-copy-paste-issue-r42941
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514262/cant-paste-text-on-bc-using-ie-11

There's apparently an issue with IP board and IE 11.

However... 

And... 1_hz_logo.png

Paste seems to work just fine in Chrome. So I guess I've got my workaround?

I use Win 7 64 bit and Chrome, zero issues with copying or pasting.

I use ctrl+v to paste though.

Chrome >> IE.

Since switching to Chrome years ago, I have had a lot less browsing issues than I had with I.E. or even when I HAVE to use I.E. (some websites I use the specific features of require I.E. to be used :facepalm: ). Give it a try.

This has been the situation forever, no linking either. About time it was fixed, it's hardly been a secret, I wouldn't bother but these faults are detrimental to this exceptional site which used to be the best depositary of accessible Z car knowledge and discussion.

To head off the 'it must be your system' excuse, no problem with five other forums so back to you.

Yeah, I'm using Chrome for this site now.

That's how I did this:

And... 1_hz_logo.png

Paste seems to work just fine in Chrome. So I guess I've got my workaround?

Edited by Professor Threadkiller

• 2 weeks later...

So the deliberate arrangement whereby HybridZ is effectively isolated from the rest of the Z enthusiast forum world is going continue, for no apparent reason other than perhaps a overinflated ego or two is perhaps involved. Or is it just plain obstinate bastardry? Pathetic anyway.