HybridZ

A Z for 40K

PLATA

We had one that was a near twin to that one for sale here in Yakima, WA about 2 years ago for $7K and I thought that was steep. It would be nice to see the value of these cars going up since I have a couple but it would really slow down new enthusiasts looking for a relatively inexpensive fun ride.

I don't see a Z selling for 40k anytime soon. Not unless it is a very early one. And I wouldn't mind seeing prices go up a little bit, but hopefully not to the extent that the early Porsches have. The Z was built to be the affordable sportscar, and it has been for the last 40 years. I think that's why many of us chose the Z car to begin with. IMO it should remain an affordable classic.

I don't see a Z selling for 40k anytime soon. Not unless it is a very early one. And I wouldn't mind seeing prices go up a little bit, but hopefully not to the extent that the early Porsches have. The Z was built to be the affordable sportscar, and it has been for the last 40 years. I think that's why many of us chose the Z car to begin with. IMO it should remain an affordable classic.

The affordable classic sport car is moving upward and real clean Z's are getting top greens for ownership exchange .  FWIW 

Looks like a nice $4500-$6000 car if everything is pristine.Looks like the owner is fishing. Mine looked like that prior to stripping it to bare metal and starting over again.

I've seen a dozen Zs sell for over $40k in the last 5 years.  As with early Porsches, condition is everything.  We have people flat bed their their Dad's 1968 911 into our shop every month who want us to spend $1,000 to get it running so they can sell it for $250k.  We tell them that their car needs $120k of work to get that price.  The just shit themselves, "I don't have that kind of money!  What's the car worth as is?"  They never, ever like the answer.

I'm with John on this one, the restored cars are becoming more pricy and the bone stock originals are bringing some good money.  Remember the fellow that documented his S30 with the SR20 engine, all the suspension goodies from AZZC, super clean to begin with.  He was asking $100K initially?  Then there was Taz240Z.V-8, his car sold for 36K.

One of the problems is parts availability, (all prices are what I estimates) new tail lights if you can find them are around $800, clear front lenses $250, fender mirrors $350, door panels $800, interior plastics (available $450) straighten out a front and rear bumper and rechrome it $$$.  I mean everything on these cars (NOS parts) are going through the roof due to little aftermarket support. I do appreciate you folks that are making parts, don't get me wrong.

It's not like a first gen Camaro, you can buy every part to include a body.  That's crazy!