HybridZ

Best Header for square port N42

76Fairlady

I've searched and I apologize if I haven't seen it, but here goes...

What is the best header for a square port N42 head?

How is the Clifford?

And any experience or dyno numbers from the one off Ebay from Top End Performance?

Thanks in advance!

There is no best here on Hybridz.  Rule 4.

What do you intend to do with the car?  What horsepower goals?  What rpm range for the power?  What head work has been done?  What cam?  What induction?

See what I'm getting at?

Stahl and Nissan Motorsports make headers with primaries that are 1 3/4" diameter. The collectors I can't comment on. In the exhaust section of this website is a thread talking about Stahl not making the headers anymore though you can buy the tubes and weld them I think.

Or you can go with a header from Japan, there are a variety that have large diameter primaries, and the majority of them are very expensive. Anywhere from $800-2500 US.

The biggest is not always the bestest :wub:

Pace setter makes two, a smaller diameter and a larger diameter 6-2 header. However the collector is all wrong and would hang about 5 in. below the bottom of the car/on the ground. My collector was customized over approximately 20 in. bringing the two into one, like a tri-y set up to a 2.5 in pipe. I have no complaints about flow on my 3.1 L.

I've been looking everywhere for a Nissan Competition or Motorsports header for the past few months. Those are pretty darn hard to find these days. My car is Right hand drive which means NO STEERING SHAFT to get in the way! Yippy!!! Lol

In that case. 45 aqd 48 are the primary diameters in millimeters. Have fun

4TQBBtt.jpg

Stahl and Nissan Motorsports make headers with primaries that are 1 3/4" diameter. The collectors I can't comment on. In the exhaust section of this website is a thread talking about Stahl not making the headers anymore though you can buy the tubes and weld them I think.

Or you can go with a header from Japan, there are a variety that have large diameter primaries, and the majority of them are very expensive. Anywhere from $800-2500 US.

The biggest is not always the bestest :wub:

Stahl Headers is going out of business. They no longer make an assembled header. There may have a header kit left in their inventory sell off.

Nissan Motorsports no longer makes a race header (among most other parts) for the L-series engine.

For a decent size race header you will have to look to the Japanese aftermarket $1000 - $2500 this side of the Pacific (Kameari, Fujitsubo, Trust) or have one custom fabricated.

Edited by JohnH

• 4 weeks later...