HybridZ

HELP CAR GOT STOLEN

blue240

i know this is for newbies intro only but i couldnt post any where else...

MY car got stolen!!!

last seen around 11;50 pm

6/19/2014

monterey park , california 91755

blue 240z

license plate : 911TVB

VIN: HLS3024235

manual transmission

black front bumper with fender mirrors

white sticker on right side of rear bumper

XXR wheels

please notify the police if you see this car.

moderators if you see this please move to appropriate place on forums . 

not trying to cause trouble just seeking help.

post-44219-0-69314400-1403262204_thumb.jpg

post-44219-0-27777700-1403262337_thumb.jpg

post-44219-0-24018300-1403262341_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

update car found , stripped...only left with rolling shell. and thieves still on the loose...

and paid about $400 to get the car back from impound 

front end gone, engine gone , fuel tank and all electrical components gone , brakes gone.

seems like whoever stole the car took what they needed to get another shell running......

post-44219-0-64589600-1404043438_thumb.jpg

post-44219-0-35832000-1404043452_thumb.jpg

post-44219-0-16434500-1404043466_thumb.jpg

post-44219-0-46957000-1404043480_thumb.jpg

Hard to believe that someone building a Z car who knows the work one has to put into it would steal from another enthusiast. Thieves can even have morals, they are something entirely different, something much less than a thief. Im not sure what to call that.  Stealing a car, I understand that. But from a Car enthusiast to simply build you're own car? crazy...

With the parts they took it would appear they are doing a turbo swap on a 240z, which means theres probably a good chance they look at this site. Did you have to put those mags on the car or did they give them to you? pretty nice of them to even include the center caps!

Edited by stravi757

I don't understand it. It's defective genes, and a sure endorsement for retroactive eugenics.

I live in a VERY poverty stricken place. I see hunger driven crime. 

This is not that. The people that do this are defective, and need culling from society "with extreme prejudice"!

Not wanting to appear too jaded but has the buyer come looking for his deposit back?

Is is possible the buyer was the advance man for the thieves, checked the car out really well and then gave them all your information to go pick it up.

His "deposit" would effectively defer suspicion from him, especially if he became insistent on refund (sort of like the guys in the 93 WTC Bombing who reported  their Ryder Rental Stolen after the detonation, and got upset when Ryder wouldn't release their deposit to them...)

It's a sad note, but I'd wonder if the police were looking at that angle, and snooping around the buyers  environs for parts  showing up...

My guess is the police aren't even looking anymore. Car returned, case closed.

I know some VW guys that had their van stolen, they tracked it down and it took three phone calls to the police and a news report before the cops went and arrested the people who were using it to transport stolen goods.

Not wanting to appear too jaded but has the buyer come looking for his deposit back?

Is is possible the buyer was the advance man for the thieves, checked the car out really well and then gave them all your information to go pick it up.

His "deposit" would effectively defer suspicion from him, especially if he became insistent on refund (sort of like the guys in the 93 WTC Bombing who reported  their Ryder Rental Stolen after the detonation, and got upset when Ryder wouldn't release their deposit to them...)

It's a sad note, but I'd wonder if the police were looking at that angle, and snooping around the buyers  environs for parts  showing up...

That angle crossed my mind when I read the first post. Would have been able to scope out if it had an alarm and check out valuables. I would tell the guy you can drop off the deposit at his house and see how he reacts.

Sadly, Chief Clancy Wiggum of the Springfield PD is a stereotype for a reason...

If you can scope out the buyer and notice his buddy has a nice new spoiler on his Z that just happens to be in primer... Or he has a 'roller' out back with a bunch of new parts  in boxes he just got "from the junkyard"...

Case is not 'closed' if the car is recovered stripped. That means there is a conspiracy of sorts working and LAPD has a SPECIAL TASK FORCE which handles that. You start reporting you know of places with stolen vehicle parts (especially items with SERIAL NUMBERS  such as the engine block....) and you get their attention.

Additionally, if you had done the engine swap legally, and reported the swap and engine number to the DMV then that engine serial number is on "the  Hot Sheet" and even five or six years later they WILL attempt to notify the owner of the property if it is recovered. If they call you to a place and you start identifying stuff you know is yours, and even have the scantest of evidence (nice photos of it installed in your car and photos of how it was left after recovery) you stand a GREAT case for getting the property released to you!

This was the case with MotorEx and the Skylines some years ago, the Task Force Detective was really active in contacting the community to hunt down possible owners and get their stuff back to them.

If you abdicate this totally to the police and don't do your own work on some of it....you will get nothing. It likely will go in a file. The guys that do this don't just do it once for their car and stop. This is something they do in an ongoing.enterprise. Even if you don't get your stuff back, if you help nail the bastards maybe someone else can skip the pain you have endured because they're in no shape to do it again.

I've managed to go to each car seller's house for the vehicles I've bought here in PI. I marked it on GPS and then downloaded it to a file on my laptop which is cloud backed up. Something fishy goes down at DMV (LTO) I know where to come knockin' in person to get it straightened out!

Edited by Tony D

• 2 weeks later...

Unrelated but sort of related, in one of the plants I worked in, someone drove right out the gate with 2 huge sullair trailer compressor/generators. The plant was renting them. They needed the 2nd one in a pinch so the rental company bought a new one and had it delivered right out to the plant, without putting the lojack they usually put on their equipment. Of course they found the 1st one on a Tuesday. It was stolen the previous Thursday. In that time, it was sold 3 times, and everyone had a receipt from who they bought it from, right back to the guy who stole it. He gave a receipt to the person he sold it to with his name and address. Of course when they asked him about the 2nd one that they couldn't find, he said he had no clue, that he only stole one. People are stupid and suck.