HybridZ

MY NEW BABY

This is my new baby(AND GRAND BABY'S), thanks to my wife, it's my birthday present, came off the trailer just before i had to leave for work tonight. So i still haven't had time to really check it out. I drove it around the block everything so far seems nice and tight for a quick inspection. Overall very happy cant wait to get registered  :burnout: post-10984-0-87370900-1403587840_thumb.jpg

HELP!!!!! Sun. morning I go out to a show and me and my luck the engine must have over heated and blew my heater hose dumping hot coolant all over the pass floor. I cut the heater hose and connected it to the port coming out of the cylinder head in the back and put some water in and limped home. I've read numerous threads here and on hybridz and from what I can tell the best thing to delete the heater would be to plug the ports on the engine versus what I did. I guess what my ultimate question is what caused it to overheat in the first place? I'm pretty sure my Delorto's need to be tuned and maybe rebuilt. They idle really high also fall flat around 4500 rpm, also noticed fuel dripping from the first one last time. I'm not sure if that has to do with the carb's or if it is internal. the first thing I'll do is change the thermostat and plug the holes. from the mishap on Sun. If anyone else has had similar problems maybe can offer some advice. :banghead: 

Was the heater hose just old and finally gave out? If it had never been replaced or ver long ago that could be why it failed. I doubt the engine temps caused it to pop but having no coolant in the engine once the hose let go would cause the engine temps to rise. I would replace the old hoses coming from the heater valve to the outside firewall with new hoses from Nissan that you can still buy. You should be good to go after that.

It actually looks like a fairly new hoseand it was all fresh good coolant that dumped outI don't remember looking at the gauge right before the pop to be honest I really don't think it did it overheatI guess I have to take my dash out to really look at the heater core maybe the outlet that t hose attached to is the problem

Found the culprit first I removed the seat then I remove the glove box then drop the AC and the hamster cage then I can see the small hose attached to the heater control valve busted i'm going to change the Heater control valve and the hoses and I should be goodpost-10984-0-48407100-1404570476_thumb.jpgpost-10984-0-82977200-1404570533_thumb.jpg

post-10984-0-96785500-1404574224_thumb.jpg

Edited by JGREEZY

• 1 year later...

Time for a little update been a while needless to say I did need a new engine after all so my journey began with that in mind I started weighing my options turns out to get the kind of power that I wanted out of a three liter I would have spent a little bit under what I've spent so far. My first thought for a swap was VQ didn't want to do that because it's a v6 although the weight balance would have been great its non turbo. The next obvious option what is of course the almighty RB26. Way too expensive along the way of the build and serviceable parts are not readily available gotta order them from Japan not cool. So I must search for shops to do the swap someone talked me into a 2JZ. So that's the direction I went I am so glad I did parts are easy to get astronomical power potential and more

reliable https://youtu.be/P9eX1QA8JR0